Options

Hitting Problems

Murphy18JMurphy18J Registered Users 5 Posts
How is it possible that a pitcher like Christian Bergman (2,8,2) pitch 6 innings and only allow 2 hits when my lineup doesn't have a hitter below 3 hitting. I wait for strikes but no matter what I do the results is almost always a ground out or fly out. My power hitters can't even get out of the infield. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Murphy18JMurphy18J Registered Users 5 Posts
    And it's not just Bergman, that's just my most recent example. I get into a game where I vastly outmatch an opponent but for some reason I can't even get on base. Then during other games I can streak like crazy and put up a dozen runs. What's going on!?
  • Options
    AtchiusAtchius Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm still new, but that's just baseball. Every day it seems like a terrible team beats a great team—sometimes it's a blowout. That's why stats don't mean much until you've got 50 to 100 games out of the way.
  • Options
    baxnetbaxnet Registered Users 30 Posts
    Atchius wrote: »
    I'm still new, but that's just baseball. Every day it seems like a terrible team beats a great team—sometimes it's a blowout. That's why stats don't mean much until you've got 50 to 100 games out of the way.

Pretty much spot on. Mike Trout may come into a game vs a predominantly bad starting pitcher in real life. He hits a homer that game. But, that doesn't mean that every AB afterwards he should hit a homer against the same pitcher. Baseball goes deeper than player stats, and TAP emulates that to some degree. Keep truckin, your players will level out.