Options

Strategy with #1 Draft Picks

spinner3spinner3 Registered Users 3 Posts
I have accumulated about 25 #1 draft picks from tourneys, and have about 3000k gold saved up. Is there any value/benefit in accumulating a bunch of the #1 draft picks and then using them all in a row? Or just use 'em when you get 'em?

Just curious if they repopulate the #1 drafts with more 3 and 3.5 star players as you draft them, so it's still hard to get 5 star players? Or if you continually get 3 and 3.5 star players, will you eventually draft them all so it's easier to get the 5 star players?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice in this area. Slowly accumulating more gold and #1 draft picks. Is there a target number I should shoot for to have a better shot at getting 5* players? Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Is it 3000 Gold or 3000K gold? If you have 3000k gold, I will suggest you to wait for fan reward event and throw all your money for #1 draft. You can get prime player and 5* player at the same time.

If you only have 3000 gold, you can draft #1 pick nearly 10 times during sale. The probability to get 5* player is about 3~10%
    and every draft has the same probability. There is no relation between each draft so it doesn't matter you draft in a row or not.

I suggest you to use your gold
    1. Play best of best tournament
    2. Join leagues

You can get at least something back even you lose all the games in these two. #1 draft is just like throwing something in the water. It is pity unless you are rich. ^0^
  • Options
    kpthomas85kpthomas85 Registered Users 11 Posts
    jemic wrote: »
    Is it 3000 Gold or 3000K gold? If you have 3000k gold, I will suggest you to wait for fan reward event and throw all your money for #1 draft. You can get prime player and 5* player at the same time.

If you only have 3000 gold, you can draft #1 pick nearly 10 times during sale. The probability to get 5* player is about 3~10%
    and every draft has the same probability. There is no relation between each draft so it doesn't matter you draft in a row or not.

I suggest you to use your gold
    1. Play best of best tournament
    2. Join leagues

You can get at least something back even you lose all the games in these two. #1 draft is just like throwing something in the water. It is pity unless you are rich. ^0^

I've seen mention of this Best of the Best Dash and tournament. I am at MVP level and haven't yet seen it, what level does it appear? Is this the 200 gold tournament people talk about?

And what do you mean you get something back even if you lose all games? You typically have to place top 3 to get something, don't you?

I ask because I have heard it is often best to stay at either semi pro or MVP until you can get to GOAT, I am currently at MVP and can only win about 50% of games, I would get crushed at higher levels I would think. I don't want to level up to something higher to try tournaments I can't even win. I can't even win the ring leagues where I am at.
  • Options
    I've seen mention of this Best of the Best Dash and tournament. I am at MVP level and haven't yet seen it, what level does it appear? Is this the 200 gold tournament people talk about?

HOF level
    And what do you mean you get something back even if you lose all games? You typically have to place top 3 to get something, don't you?

Sorry for that I am not 100% right at this one. You can get some gold/cash back when you lose a game in league and you can get a fixed amount of gold when you lose a game in tournament.

I think those reward are better than getting players whom you don't want by #1 draft.
  • Options
    After review some of the articles in the forum, I think that staying at lower division will not help you much.
    Glu has changed some rules in this game to let you have almost no motivation to stay at lower division.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the help. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have around 3000 gold right now...and also 25 #1 draft picks I've been hoarding (why I don't know!). Still at Elite level which has been helpful in getting more #1 draft picks.

Do they keep adding players to the #1 draft? Or can you go through them all? Meaning...the more #1 drafts I do (and get 3* or 3.5* folks) the better chance I have in getting a 5* player because there are less 3 and 4* players remaining?
  • Options
    spinner3 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the help. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have around 3000 gold right now...and also 25 #1 draft picks I've been hoarding (why I don't know!). Still at Elite level which has been helpful in getting more #1 draft picks.

Do they keep adding players to the #1 draft? Or can you go through them all? Meaning...the more #1 drafts I do (and get 3* or 3.5* folks) the better chance I have in getting a 5* player because there are less 3 and 4* players remaining?

For TSB 2014, yes
    For TSB 2015, No

In TSB 2014, you can draft all of the players because the number of inactive players is infinite.
    In TSB 2015, you will have a variable number of inactive players. The number of inactive players will change based on different scenario which I have explained here http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?128826-Roster-management-system-in-TSB2015

Please note that #1 draft have players from 3~5 star and it is about 500 players in this pool.The number of inactive players is 30 so it is not possible to let you draft all the players from #1 draft.