Options

Best use of gold and building a team?

I recently moved up to Elite level and feel my team is decent, now I'm trying to figure how to utilize my gold and get a better team going forward. To this point I have used all of my gold on #1 picks when on sale. I have built a decent roster but now I feel I need more 4-5 star players. Never used the gold glitch so getting the prime players seems ridiculous.

I feel my team is going to be outmatched a lot at this level now. Currently I have 186-76 record and mostly play random opponents and a few friends.

Should I continue buying the #1s or go for a 3 pack of players? Any ideas, thoughts suggestions welcome.

I'm at 1450 gold at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    some of the three pack players have 4.5 or even 5 star players available in them, this is from when GLU updated player rankings, so I think your best bet is to go for a guy like prince fielder in a player pack, best value for your money, also when you do spend that money, do it on a fan event so that you get rewards and can pick up a 4 star player automatically for 1600 gold.
  • Options
    HandywitheSTIHLHandywitheSTIHL Registered Users 8 Posts
    smithcas87 wrote: »
    some of the three pack players have 4.5 or even 5 star players available in them, this is from when GLU updated player rankings, so I think your best bet is to go for a guy like prince fielder in a player pack, best value for your money, also when you do spend that money, do it on a fan event so that you get rewards and can pick up a 4 star player automatically for 1600 gold.

Luckily, I already have Fielder. The best looking 3 pack is probably BOS with 3 4 star players, agree?

However, I feel my starting pitching staff needs work but there's not much to offer from the packs.

What's the best way to get gold, I have most of the challenges completed?
  • Options
    smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    there is a KOR pack with RYU at 4.5 star for SP. Best way to get gold is playing the sprint league, try to come in 2nd and get 700 gold.