Options

First Timer Game Questions

qkocher17qkocher17 Registered Users 6 Posts
I stumbled upon this game last weekend for the first time, so I wasn't exposed to previous versions of the game. My question for the more experienced players is what is the best way to go about improving your team in the game? I started out fairly quickly my first week and I have already moved up to Seasoned status.

However, now that I am into some tougher levels, my team is not faring nearly as well as it was from the get-go. My lineup is not great, but they are all 3 star players or better. Is it better to stay in the levels as long as possible and just focus on the events without earning wins that knock you into another level?

Is it better to spend the cash you earn entering tournaments/leagues, or is better to save up the cash to use on team upgrades/free agents? I haven't had any luck with mystery boxes, so I don't really spend anything on those.

Just wanted to create some general discussion on how to progress through the game more effectively. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Each level you advance your players do a little worse. A 3 hitter in the easy levels can hit .300. Same guy hits .210 two levels up. Go sloooooow. It makes winning events a LOT easier. If your team has enough stars and emough wins the game automaticly throws you up to a better level. It sucks, but hang back until your forced to go. You'll enjoy the game more.

Player draft. In the early phase buy drafts. Youll get a ton of **** guys. But use those guys to trade for a first round. It takes 10-20 players for that. If you save enough players to trade you can get #1 picks. But you may need 80 some late picks to get it. I dont recommend it yet. Dont spend gold on drafts or get mystery boxes. The pay off is rarely of enough value.

Once your team is a 3 star, upgrade upgrade upgrade. I focus on hitting. All upgrades help win games. But hitting makes my part more fun.

Speed kills. I always keep a 9 speed on my bench. Even with 3 hitting. In the late innings a hit, pinch run, steal, hit. Is a great way to steal a run. My favorite players here are Denard Span and Dee Gordon. Attainable 4 star players with 9 1 9 stats. Yes please!

Pitching. Stuff is most important. After that Arm then Control. Id gladly take a 8 2 8 over a 7 7 7.

I play leagues and tournements to get gold on the dailys. The league is a great way to turn $8000 into 6 games of hits and runs. Get into the top 5 for the daily or weekly and gold awaits. Other then that, i rarely play those. But be warned to get gold this way you need to be prepared to drop over $100000 a day at least.

Best way to make money is random games and rewards. Join a club. Like say "Oakland Events" (mine) and play events as much as possible.

Thats my theory. I played '14, still play '15 and im 1000 some games into '16.

Have fun
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I wish someone would have given me this advice when I first started the game. I was doing well and having fun at rhe lower levels. Now that I have advanced, my hitting is really bad, an the fun is gone. I wish there was a way to start over. Any ideas?
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    southpaw533southpaw533 Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Yes, go to settings and logout then start a new team. GLU had taken away a lot of my tips but let the game auto promote you, spend big on offensive upgrades, win a lot of leagues once you are able to and find a great club. Keep 1* players on your bench also so you play in lower leagues
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Thanks for the tip southpaw, I'll give it a try.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad: