Options

Trade for picks opinions needed

SteaglesSteagles Registered Users 27 Posts
Hey guys. I'm at a point where only good 5* star players will help my team. What are ur opinions on players I should lock and players I should trade? Our club gets multiple daily #1's with our finishes so I don't exactly NEED the extra pics from trading too badly. What do u recommend I hang on to and/or let go of for better results come draft time or trade time?

Comments

• Options
    AntwoinneAntwoinne Registered Users 24 Posts
    Steagles wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm at a point where only good 5* star players will help my team. What are ur opinions on players I should lock and players I should trade? Our club gets multiple daily #1's with our finishes so I don't exactly NEED the extra pics from trading too badly. What do u recommend I hang on to and/or let go of for better results come draft time or trade time?

I think this question will be hard for anyone to answer in a way that truly benefits you without knowing what's on your team vs your inactives, areas of strength/weakness, etc. Pretty much any info on players at all might help you get more out of this post.

With that said, I've heard some people advocate for keeping as many players as you can to help dwindle the free agent pool. That hasn't seemed to help me much, but YMMV.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Antwoinne wrote: »
    I think this question will be hard for anyone to answer in a way that truly benefits you without knowing what's on your team vs your inactives, areas of strength/weakness, etc. Pretty much any info on players at all might help you get more out of this post.

With that said, I've heard some people advocate for keeping as many players as you can to help dwindle the free agent pool. That hasn't seemed to help me much, but YMMV.

This used to help as you were once allowed unlimited inactives. So in theory once you had all the players the only ones left were 5* players. Now they allow only 30. With well over 1000 players in the pool the 30 guys doesn't really limit it all that much.....
  • Options
    AntwoinneAntwoinne Registered Users 24 Posts
    This used to help as you were once allowed unlimited inactives. So in theory once you had all the players the only ones left were 5* players. Now they allow only 30. With well over 1000 players in the pool the 30 guys doesn't really limit it all that much.....

Didn't know they changed that. Appreciate the insight
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I'd keep your 5-stars and trade in the others. Worst feeling is when you trade in a bunch of high rated guys and get some guy that you just had.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'd keep your 5-stars and trade in the others. Worst feeling is when you trade in a bunch of high rated guys and get some guy that you just had.

Wait, you mean there's another outcome? Had to get a restraining order against Trevor Effing Bauer to stop showing up on draft day.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    ...Had to get a restraining order against Trevor Effing Bauer to stop showing up on draft day...

Lol. Nice one:)
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Wait, you mean there's another outcome? Had to get a restraining order against Trevor Effing Bauer to stop showing up on draft day.

Did it work?

What was frustrating to me is when they beat a certain position to death with your picks. Already had Kipnis at 2nd, and it seemed like every other pick was a 2nd basemen. Pretty much have drafted every 3-4.5 star 2nd basemen in the game.. But no Altuve.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    Did it work?

What was frustrating to me is when they beat a certain position to death with your picks. Already had Kipnis at 2nd, and it seemed like every other pick was a 2nd basemen. Pretty much have drafted every 3-4.5 star 2nd basemen in the game.. But no Altuve.

The good news is, Jason Kipnis is a stud in that game. I had him, batted over .400 with consistency. My Altuve doesn't hit anywhere near that, though in fairness hes hitting in the 9 spot.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Did it work?

We'll see.

Yes, agree with the rotation of picks. I have six 2Bs with 7-Hit or better: Schoop, Panik, Forsythe, Cano, Kendrick and Murphy,and I pulled two others in my last draft (Gosselin and Drew). Before that, my club was interested only in making the first lineup to ever feature four SSs, Escobar, Kang, Tulo and someone else pretty decent for my level that I got rid of. Meanwhile Russell Martin has been behind the plate for nearly every game I've played, and Matt Kemp and Justin Upton hit a combined .250.

I'm sure there are consequences to this I'm not envisioning (creation of farm accounts to help supply others, for example), but a feature costing like 400 gold (more than one draft pick) to trade players between teams directly would be awesome. If you have seven great outfielders but need one of my second basemen, we each pay 400 to the game and it switches the players. Make it so they have to have the same star rating or something like that.

I dunno, just sayin', I'd pay for something like that.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    We'll see.

Yes, agree with the rotation of picks. I have six 2Bs with 7-Hit or better: Schoop, Panik, Forsythe, Cano, Kendrick and Murphy,and I pulled two others in my last draft (Gosselin and Drew). Before that, my club was interested only in making the first lineup to ever feature four SSs, Escobar, Kang, Tulo and someone else pretty decent for my level that I got rid of. Meanwhile Russell Martin has been behind the plate for nearly every game I've played, and Matt Kemp and Justin Upton hit a combined .250.

I'm sure there are consequences to this I'm not envisioning (creation of farm accounts to help supply others, for example), but a feature costing like 400 gold (more than one draft pick) to trade players between teams directly would be awesome. If you have seven great outfielders but need one of my second basemen, we each pay 400 to the game and it switches the players. Make it so they have to have the same star rating or something like that.

I dunno, just sayin', I'd pay for something like that.

Hey Cooz, who is your best producing 2b? I have Cano (L) 7-6-3, Kendrick (R) 8-3-4, Espinosa (L/R) 4-7-5, Dozier (R) 4-9-6. So far I have been sticking with Cano .288 ave, .842 ops, 20.6 ab's/perHR in 1200 at bats. I like the fact that he is a lefty.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Always take the highest rated hit and lefty over righty.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    Always take the highest rated hit and lefty over righty.

Okay, I'll take that advise. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I agree , but I've had issues deciding between
    Leftt 8-6
    Or right 9-5
    Which would you play? That's my weak position and I shuffle the two and theirsluggingsnand ops are the same
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I agree , but I've had issues deciding between
    Leftt 8-6
    Or right 9-5
    Which would you play? That's my weak position and I shuffle the two and theirsluggingsnand ops are the same
    Probably lefty take the extra power..... I would also see if either is over a 5 speed and go with that player. I tend to have certain players perform better then stats once in a while. TO be honest I would probably give both players 50 games or so and see who was better. That's one of those where I wish I could switch the starter in/out based off of who you face..
  • Options
    Probably lefty take the extra power..... I would also see if either is over a 5 speed and go with that player. I tend to have certain players perform better then stats once in a while. TO be honest I would probably give both players 50 games or so and see who was better. That's one of those where I wish I could switch the starter in/out based off of who you face..

I agree, that would be a great option to allow us to manage the players based on game situations. Create a button where you can pick/sub any active player at any point during a game. I think the sub list should be 5 deep as well. Why have 15 in-actives and only 3 subs... That is not a true depiction of an MLB scenario. They should also create an option for a pinch runner.