Options

500 gold tourneys

grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
Does anyone play these events? Do the rewards get any better? I am assuming that if your team is good enough to pay for and win a 500 gold tourney, then you really don't need the player that is the reward. Quite frankly they all seem like a huge waste of time, unless your club is trying for progress rewards.

Comments

• Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    The 800 Gold tourney that gives Brandon Phillips offers Curtis Granderson as the reward if you already have, or just recently won Phillips. Could be useful to someone going for Machado and/or by extension Soria.
  • Options
    Why are there no cash for gold tournaments? It wouldn't have to be much. But it seems that the blue cash becomes irrelevant.

Same with franchise coins... irrelevant. Why not be able to buy a permanent player with IDK say 300 franchise coins?
  • Options
    Why are there no cash for gold tournaments? It wouldn't have to be much. But it seems that the blue cash becomes irrelevant.

Same with franchise coins... irrelevant. Why not be able to buy a permanent player with IDK say 300 franchise coins?

Hah! Because greedy greedy glu. I am lucky, I still have 1 last 4.5 star on my roster and so I use my franchise coins to buy Francisco Lindor for basically ever. I have him for like 100 more games and I still have over 50 franchise coins. Ive had him for almost 3 weeks. Once I get a real shortstop though, I am going to be rattled about getting those things. Cash and franchise coins do become useless.

I have more fun on my novice team since the only thing I do to improve my real team is just watch endless gold vids.
  • Options
    Last time that I bought a franchise player it was Prime Pedroia and he batted .097 over a 15 game stint and I said never again.
  • Options
    Last time that I bought a franchise player it was Prime Pedroia and he batted .097 over a 15 game stint and I said never again.

Prime Pedroia is like the 2nd worst prime in the game (Can i get an Ubaldo Yeah?).

When i pulled Altuve from a pick I had the male version of Sploosh. Which I guess is just sploosh. Idk about you guys, but SS and 2B are pretty hard to find. 1 prime each and maybe 2 five star options.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    Schoop, Altuve, and prime Pedroia at 2nd. Correa, Lindor, and prime Reyes at Short. I think that's it
  • Options
    I actually pulled Correa and Chris Sale from draft picks last night. Talk about luck!
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    Schoop, Altuve, and prime Pedroia at 2nd. Correa, Lindor, and prime Reyes at Short. I think that's it

Don't forget Bucky Dent and his 8 8 5
  • Options
    GoinpostalGoinpostal Registered Users 9 Posts
    Prime Pedroia is hitting .400 for me in 14000 at bats. I would love a SS option besides Reyes.
  • Options
    PierreMcWienerPierreMcWiener Registered Users 23 Posts
    **** I didn't know 5* SS were that rare. I was really, really lucky and got Lindor with my first ever #1 draft pick.