Options

How is Ubaldo doing for you?

The GreekThe Greek Registered Users 24 Posts
Hey guys. I wondered, there is people complaining of Ubaldo being bad. I won him last week and so far he is doing like this for me:

12 GP
91 IP
10 W 1 L
2.57 Era
2.88 K/BB
12.0 K/9

He isn't CC, but he isn't that bad either. How about you?

Comments

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    10 starts, 81 IP, 9-1, 2.67 ERA, .202 BAA, 0.98 WHIP.

Can't cry about that at all. I hear some bad stories though, and I believe he got lit up like a pinball machine for me in his first start. Plain and simple, the game isn't designed to win with pitching. I have Prime CC and his ERA has gone from 1.20 to 2.16 in his last 100 starts. They're all going to get rocked here and there.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    1 GP, 9 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 8 K
    Then I benched him because I didn't want to mess up his flawless stats, plus he wouldn't make my rotation anyway
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    19-1 with 1.79 era
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    The numbers are only relative to the division level of play you are in and if you are auto playing. Numbers mean nothing unless paired with that information.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    The numbers are only relative to the division level of play you are in and if you are auto playing. Numbers mean nothing unless paired with that information.

I'm at a level Glu determined, in its infinite wisdom, my team belongs, despite the fact I'm seemingly not allowed to win a bonus game.

But at least the game gives me a free late-round pick after each loss. Borderline taunting . . .
  • Options
    Oriolesmagic10Oriolesmagic10 Registered Users 16 Posts
    55 g 425 ip 36-5 2.52 era
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    I played a few inning against him, and I noticed he rarely throws strikes. He walked 2 in a row on 4 pitches, then grooved one down the middle on a 2-0 count. That's a pattern I noticed with him -- either right down the middle for a strike or just let him walk you. I scored about 15 runs on him in 3 innings.
  • Options
    FiestaRed wrote: »
    I played a few inning against him, and I noticed he rarely throws strikes. He walked 2 in a row on 4 pitches, then grooved one down the middle on a 2-0 count. That's a pattern I noticed with him -- either right down the middle for a strike or just let him walk you. I scored about 15 runs on him in 3 innings.

Alright, "make sure Ubaldo doesn't pitch against FiestaRed . . . " got it.
  • Options
    MannysFistMannysFist Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ubaldo seems to be pretty inconsistent for most, but pretty solid.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Ubaldo is at best your #5 SP...Especially the higher your progress...Peavy, Verlander, Sabathia & Lee are better options and in most cases Lincecum is as well. Much better option than Bartolo or Dickey or any 5* guys though... Likely best used against human opponents whom are free swingers...
  • Options
    Jimenez has gone 60-4, 1.75 era, 11.5 k/9, BAA .165, 36 CG , and 15 SHO. Seems to me a very solid pitcher.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    Ubaldo is at best your #5 SP...Especially the higher your progress...Peavy, Verlander, Sabathia & Lee are better options and in most cases Lincecum is as well. Much better option than Bartolo or Dickey or any 5* guys though... Likely best used against human opponents whom are free swingers...

I agree 99%, just wanted to add that at least for me Dickey pubstomps the computer. Hes **** again human opponents but for some reason AI players cant do a thing against mine.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    I agree 99%, just wanted to add that at least for me Dickey pubstomps the computer. Hes **** again human opponents but for some reason AI players cant do a thing against mine.

Same here, Dickey is much better than CC for me.
  • Options
    Yep Dickey is my ace and cc sits at #2