Options

Since cheating is taken seriously

IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
I would like to report Glu... I find it hard to believe in this bonus game event that I can only win 15-20% of my games, especially when 90% of the games are against teams identical to mine, with the other 10% worse than mine. At least make it somewhat realistic and make it 40% of the time against an equal opponent. Even using batting boosts the win percentage increases slightly. Can you look into this Redtrunk?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    I agree Glu is cheating. I won 3 of 11 bonus games and said screw it, I'm not wasting anymore. Last week went around 40 of 90. They could rename it BOGUS games it would be more fitting. BTW my team is only 4.5 stars. I'm not one of the all 5 star or prime teams.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I am unsure of what in the world was happening yesterday. I read or talked to several players that were dealing with the same issues. Then to the contrary, (and not bragging) but I maxed out yesterday with having lost only 2 games. That has never happened before and probably shouldn't have. Yesterday was a strange day for sure.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I had a considerable advantage in most games, and was only able to win around 7 games out of 10 without playing some.
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I was probably winning 60% of the games yesterday
  • Options
    338lapau338lapau Registered Users 9 Posts
    This thread will most likely be ignored
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    agreed................
  • Options
    redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    I would like to report Glu... I find it hard to believe in this bonus game event that I can only win 15-20% of my games, especially when 90% of the games are against teams identical to mine, with the other 10% worse than mine. At least make it somewhat realistic and make it 40% of the time against an equal opponent. Even using batting boosts the win percentage increases slightly. Can you look into this Redtrunk?

I can definitely look into it. Did you find that games were harder to win this week specifically?
  • Options
    I've noticed each week for the past 3 or 4 seems to be harder than the previous week.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I would agree with everyone here they are getting harder and harder to win even though I am still at the same level
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    I can definitely look into it. Did you find that games were harder to win this week specifically?

I sure did. Even before I leveled up to Ace. It would seem as though if GLU wanted members to continue to stick around and play the game (possibly spending more $$$) that they wouldn't make it so difficult at the higher levels. It can be hard, but not "I'm losing more than 50 perecent of my games now because I leveled up" hard.

My opinion.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    For what it's worth, Redtrunk, I lost something like seven or eight in a row early in the event. Then a few hours later, I think I won something like 19 of 20. Prime Sabathia got lit up for like nine runs in two innings in one game against what appeared to be an equally matched team, then in the good streak struck out 19 in a 23-0 2-hit shutout.

Just seemed kinda odd. You tend to win a good 80 percent of bonus games. Seems like a fair trade off considering you need to play like 140 games to get a competitive score.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    I think if they broadened the teams you play it would go a long way to helping it! I agree with WetTodd. I play a field of 10-12 different teams each Thursday! 10 of them are coin flip games! Essentially identical and all prime and then 2 teams that are a complete joke. I don't mind going against teams I'm even with! I just wish there were more teams thrown into the mix! I understand the field shrinks as you are promoted higher... But it's hard to imagine there are that few teams I can be matched up against
  • Options
    I think if they broadened the teams you play it would go a long way to helping it! I agree with WetTodd. I play a field of 10-12 different teams each Thursday! 10 of them are coin flip games! Essentially identical and all prime and then 2 teams that are a complete joke. I don't mind going against teams I'm even with! I just wish there were more teams thrown into the mix! I understand the field shrinks as you are promoted higher... But it's hard to imagine there are that few teams I can be matched up against
    And what percentage did u beat me Scotty? I probably won 25% against you...and we have equally rated teams
  • Options
    I've noticed th prime events on Tuesday and the weekend are getting harder to win too. You used to get at least a few games where you totally outranked the team you were playing. I'm lucky to string three or four games together if I'm not using boosts
  • Options
    Cheeseman wrote: »
    I've noticed th prime events on Tuesday and the weekend are getting harder to win too. You used to get at least a few games where you totally outranked the team you were playing. I'm lucky to string three or four games together if I'm not using boosts
    Personally I don't have an issue with that as everyone should be playing tougher competition then....its when I am dead even with a team and when I play them I win 20%, when they play me they win 20%..... Should be 50/50 or really close...since it's not they have (glu) twisted it to make me (all of us)use more resources to get the same results on this particular event
  • Options
    And what percentage did u beat me Scotty? I probably won 25% against you...and we have equally rated teams

Our teams are equally rated, no reason it should be that far apart from 50/50. Especially given the number of times i'm sure you had to face me. My success rate against you was in the 25%-33% ball park.
  • Options

I don't mind the competition and fully expect it in events like Tuesday and the weekend. Again though I face a very small spectrum of players. After the first 15 in a win streak I keep playing the same 6-8 teams over and over and over again. I know Todd can account to this as well. We are both the same level and we both have teams that mirror each other. Thursday event's I understand you play against people on the same rank as you are, so consequently the higher ranked you are the smaller the field. On Tuesday and weekend event such is not the case. I get fielded against teams that are at Greatest of All Time and down. No reason I should only be facing such a limited # of teams.
  • Options
    RKM69RKM69 Registered Users 52 Posts

I agree, its a joke. Was actually way worse for me. I was boosting 80, and losing when I should have never had to use a boost.
  • Options
    RKM69RKM69 Registered Users 52 Posts
    I don't mind the competition and fully expect it in events like Tuesday and the weekend. Again though I face a very small spectrum of players. After the first 15 in a win streak I keep playing the same 6-8 teams over and over and over again. I know Todd can account to this as well. We are both the same level and we both have teams that mirror each other. Thursday event's I understand you play against people on the same rank as you are, so consequently the higher ranked you are the smaller the field. On Tuesday and weekend event such is not the case. I get fielded against teams that are at Greatest of All Time and down. No reason I should only be facing such a limited # of teams.

I feel the same pain.
  • Options
    AnthineeAnthinee Registered Users 57 Posts
    This week? This has been happening since the day I started playing lol. The numbers and ratings mean nothing. I hit with no more power with my Trainer at 11 than I did with it at 1, same goes for Hitting Coach. It's a sham. In what baseball universe is a batter with 8 Power going to be unable to hit out of the infield against a pitcher with 4 Arm and 5 Stuff? Only one: the TSB2016 universe. Keep buying those upgrades and watch 5 batters in a row hit grounders right to the shortstop. It's ludicrous.

*Immediately after posting this, Ryan Raburn (who is batting .288 with 1500+ at bats) swung the bat at a fastball right over the middle of the plate, resulting in a ridiculous hit that would have went farther if it hit his elbow and bounced back toward the mound. I rest my case ��
  • Options
    RDSK1NSRDSK1NS Registered Users 13 Posts
    Yea this is getting ridiculous. Reminding me of Madden and why I quit. Getting close to throwing I the towel. Every time I spend a ton and get a new player, I'm promoted and my team does worse. My alternates that spend zero dollars get the most points, I let my primary get the rewards and my primary can't seem to do a darn thing anymore! My newest club wasted millions of points in several brackets trying to find one we could win but they're all being monopolized by a few top clubs like heavy support and robots. It's just not fun to chase the top guys. Losing interest and motivation to play, and especially to spend money. Probably for the best. I've spent way more than I should on a video game that takes up so much time and for what? Tons of time, tons of money and it's not even fun anymore. It's a job and I pay to work. Just not right
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    I agree 800 %. As a customer, I don't feel appreciated r/t the high cost of good players, terrible #1 gold draft choices, increased number of upgrades needed, the continuous squeezing, etc. etc. If I feel appreciated and cost is reasonable I would spend a ton of money on this game and I'm sure others would also. "There is more than 1 Mercedes dealer in town"

I want to thank red trunk and mike_s for all they do, you guys are great.
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly. As soon as my gold is depleted I'm finished. Not fun when unless you spend an insane amount of money you are going to take a whipping in most games played
  • Options
    RDSK1NSRDSK1NS Registered Users 13 Posts
    Agreed. Redtrunk and others are great, it's glu being greedy like EA that bothers me. Hundreds of dollars shouldn't be needed to get a new player. The game shouldn't be tweaked every week in whatever way will get us to spend more cash. We've caught on. You lure us in with fun and easy games and rewards, then make it so only the 1% can afford to play past the all star level. There isn't any incentive to play anymore because it's clear that the more you play just means the more you spend and the more you spend, the less it helps.

I'm against supporting any business run with bad ethics and zero concern for the customer. It's becoming very clear that's the type of company glu is. It's sad. If you really wanted to, I would have preferred saving my efforts and giving you my address so you could just come rob me and not make me with to be robbed. At least you'd be working for it at that point and not making us do it.
  • Options
    PwagnerPwagner Registered Users 7 Posts
    I would agree with everyone here they are getting harder and harder to win even though I am still at the same level

It might be your guys teams I rarely lose at bonus games and when I do it's not by very much I think if I actually played every single one I wouldn't lose any
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    This is extremely true. It's frustrating to continuously out rank your opponent and lose on a 1 or 2 streak. This is not just out of the ordinary occurrences this is constant almost a norm. Unless you're spending gold to get batting boosts or something there's no way to get any kind of streak. Whatever algorithm they have that's auto playing these matches is purposely creating these outcomes from Glu themselves.
  • Options
    detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    start over. Dont worry about getting better players. (Lock ur players so that if u get better ones they dont take place of ur current ones) Focus solely on upgrades and sandbag as long as u can(when u reach playoffs just forfeit) U can also simply play on prime and main event days. Those wins count towards ur overall record but not towards the wins u need for promotions. Do this. Trust me. Beat glu. Dont let glu beat u.
  • Options
    I'm at MVP and have almost all primes so that wouldn't help. It's the last few weeks that has gotten tougher
  • Options
    detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    I'm at MVP and have almost all primes so that wouldn't help. It's the last few weeks that has gotten tougher

Yeah its works best to start from the beginning and let glu auto promote you.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    Yeah its works best to start from the beginning and let glu auto promote you.

Except for when you get auto-promoted into divisions you can't possibly hope to compete it. It sucks that getting promoted is based solely on your team and their star ratings and has nothing to do with upgrades or number of games played.