Options

ASB upgrades continued

Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
I haven't played past versions of this game. How large can we reasonably expect All-Star Break updates to be?

I have Matt Carpenter right now (6-9-3), he's shown massive increases from his 2015 stats, most notably, an improvement from .871 to 1.004 (through Sunday) in OPS and a boost from a .272 average the last two years to .300 as of now. I would imagine he'd be upgraded. I don't have any sense of how often it happens, or what kinds of improvement a player can expect to get. Does anyone have a sense of that?

I ask because I can make moves to get Manny Machado (7-9-7), another 3B who's showing a big improvement from last year (.861 to .993 OPS, .286 to .325 BA).

I would think, if Carpenter is going to be improved, he'd be put in line with where Machado currently is. If that's the case, obviously I wouldn't bother going after Machado.

I also have Daniel Murphy (7-5-3) along with like seven other second basemen, including Jonathan Schoop (7-9-3). If they gave Murphy, a career .288 hitter before this season, a 7 Hit rating, and gave Schoop, a career .252 hitter including this season, a 7 Hit rating, I would think Murphy would be moved up and Schoop probably remaining the same.

Steven Wright is grossly exceeding his past production as well. Should we expect him to gain a few STF points? He's a 6 now.

That's probably far more complex than the game takes it, so I was just curious if anyone has any insight behind what we might be able to glean from past bumps in ratings.

Comments

• Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    I haven't played past versions of this game. How large can we reasonably expect All-Star Break updates to be?

I have Matt Carpenter right now (6-9-3), he's shown massive increases from his 2015 stats, most notably, an improvement from .871 to 1.004 (through Sunday) in OPS and a boost from a .272 average the last two years to .300 as of now. I would imagine he'd be upgraded. I don't have any sense of how often it happens, or what kinds of improvement a player can expect to get. Does anyone have a sense of that?

I ask because I can make moves to get Manny Machado (7-9-7), another 3B who's showing a big improvement from last year (.861 to .993 OPS, .286 to .325 BA).

I would think, if Carpenter is going to be improved, he'd be put in line with where Machado currently is. If that's the case, obviously I wouldn't bother going after Machado.

I also have Daniel Murphy (7-5-3) along with like seven other second basemen, including Jonathan Schoop (7-9-3). If they gave Murphy, a career .288 hitter before this season, a 7 Hit rating, and gave Schoop, a career .252 hitter including this season, a 7 Hit rating, I would think Murphy would be moved up and Schoop probably remaining the same.

Steven Wright is grossly exceeding his past production as well. Should we expect him to gain a few STF points? He's a 6 now.

That's probably far more complex than the game takes it, so I was just curious if anyone has any insight behind what we might be able to glean from past bumps in ratings.

Edwin might see a bit of a jump in stats...
    Same for Bogaerts, Arrieta, etc.

Don't think they were too harsh last year with downgrades, I remember Prince Fielder getting a huge bump though.
  • Options
    Edwin might see a bit of a jump in stats...
    Same for Bogaerts, Arrieta, etc.

Don't think they were too harsh last year with downgrades, I remember Prince Fielder getting a huge bump though.

Is it something they do only for extreme cases? Or do they completely reconfigure the entire league?
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    I think it's only a few
  • Options
    aTownDown wrote: »
    I think it's only a few

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. The volume of changes they'd have to make would be staggering if they did it for every variation. That's why I threw Wright out as an intriguing prospect. Just on a comparable level, Dickey isn't half of what Wright is this year. It'd be hard to justify keeping them both where they are.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    In the past, the downgrades have been minimal.

Plenty of people got huge upgrades... I think Chris Davis was a big one. They really didn't do any pitchers.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    It sucks I had David Wright and Daniel Murphy and traded them both. I didn't know they did upgrade to the All-Star break