Options

Legend box & prime box

rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
Cost 2000 and 700 for each.
It seems a cost effective way to get legend and prime players which is possible better than collections.
Has any one pick good players from these boxes?
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Haven't opened one... But something tells me I'd still get an ice wrap.
  • Options
    rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
    no ice bar this time
  • Options
    JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    rasin wrote: »
    Cost 2000 and 700 for each.
    It seems a cost effective way to get legend and prime players which is possible better than collections.
    Has any one pick good players from these boxes?

I opted for the prime box because I really needed Mauer. Got him on 3rd try. I'm thinking about buying a lottery ticket lol.
  • Options
    Opened 4 Prime Boxes. Got as follows
    10k cash
    10k cash
    4-star Brian Dozier
    2 #1 picks

WOW
  • Options
    BmosherrBmosherr Registered Users 3 Posts
    Saw this post didn't know *** you were talking about. Go to the app and spend $20(had gold already) to open a legend box and prime box only to be really disappointed. Got Brian Dozier and the pitcher from the legend box.
  • Options
    LivingstonhighLivingstonhigh Registered Users 13 Posts
    Got prime Mauer after 17 tries.
    Too many tries than expected but at least got Mauer.
  • Options
    KingDuckButterKingDuckButter Registered Users 9 Posts
    A guy in my club spent 15k in gold, and still didn't get Mauer.
  • Options
    marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    11 tries to get prime Mauer. Cost me 7700 gold but is cheaper than getting elite trout from collection(20K gold spent)
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Tried it spent 10k got nothing and all out of gold smh lol
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    2weighlift wrote: »
    It's another gimmick. Guys have tried 30-40 prime boxes and got Nothing but ice packs. RUN.

Gimmick? Or just the same as every other way that Glu gives out awesome players; very, very rarely after spending huge amounts of gold or getting insanely lucky.

Personally, trades and winning primes with a club is the only remotely consistent way of improving your team after a certain point, going for boxes or collections just seems like too much of a ****shoot.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Why anyone would spend that kind of gold before a fan reward starts is beyond me!!!
  • Options
    LivingstonhighLivingstonhigh Registered Users 13 Posts
    Why anyone would spend that kind of gold before a fan reward starts is beyond me!!!

Because the box will expire before next fan rewards start.
  • Options
    Why yes they will wont they. Sorry, looked and thought that was days not hours!!! As you were!!
  • Options
    Anybody get Boggs yet?
  • Options
    Is 2k in gold times however many tries it takes worth it if you already have wright. You'd be -4 power -6 speed for a + 3 hitting
  • Options
    Is 2k in gold times however many tries it takes worth it if you already have wright. You'd be -4 power -6 speed for a + 3 hitting

Probably not, but Wright is on my main and I want Boggs on my novice account.
  • Options
    DadIsThatYou?DadIsThatYou? Registered Users 10 Posts
    Spent 6300 gold to get Mauer and got a bunch of cash and useless 4 star players. Also, in other news, got rejected on the trade for Soria about 20 times. Great day playing tap sports baseball!
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Sounds accurate spent about 10.5 gold and got no Mauer. Did get Soria luckily
  • Options
    KingDuckButterKingDuckButter Registered Users 9 Posts
    Spent almost 4,000 to get Soria. I'm tempted by the prime box, but I know it'll just end with me being ****ed.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    You have to keep in mind that you basically have a 1:8 chance to get Boggs (8 possible rewards), and they may program it so some of the rewards have a higher probability of hitting (25000 cash) and other rewards (Boggs) a lower probability. I'm not sure, but even if each prize had an equal probability of hitting, then it should in theory still possibly take around 16,000 in gold for you to get Boggs.

Pick a number from 1-8, grab an 8 sided dice, and keep rolling it until you get your number. On some occasions, it may take more than 8 attempts.

Considering that guys like Colon are fan rewards and costing 20,000 gold, you should be thrilled to get a legend for anything less than 30,000. Just not a risk I'm willing to take though.

Plus, Boggs is 12-5-3 and Wright is 9-9-9, so one could argue that Wright is more valuable considering his hit+power equal out to 1 more than Boggs' and also has the speed to go with it. Yeah, you may get more singles with Boggs, but you're going to get a lot more xBH with Wright.
  • Options
    2015Seahawks2015Seahawks Registered Users 36 Posts
    I spent 45K gold and still did not get Mauer. That is approximately 64 tries.

Another Glu Scam, even worse than the 5*/Legend draft pick. The chance are not 1 in 8. I repeat the CHANCES ARE NOT 1 in 8. You are being defrauded by Glu. Absolutely a fraud when you are taking people's money based upon the representation that there are certain odds in landing a player. The funny thing is that I only landed the 4.5 star player once (which, again, shows you what a fraud this whole thing is).

Basically ruins the fun of this game when you spend that kind of gold and don't get the player.
  • Options
    feed the bearfeed the bear Registered Users 15 Posts
    All very true. But now, please consider it doesn't end with Boggs or Mauer... This is now basically a ridiculous arms race to level or unlevel the playing fields, pun intended.

Speaking of which; are there TSB anonymous meetings anywhere in the Chicago area that anyone is aware of?
  • Options
    All very true. But now, please consider it doesn't end with Boggs or Mauer... This is now basically a ridiculous arms race to level or unlevel the playing fields, pun intended.

Speaking of which; are there TSB anonymous meetings anywhere in the Chicago area that anyone is aware of?

No, but if you want to come up to Canada we have been playing this game since March and have wasted just as much of our Monopoly money.

Also I don't think this changes that much for the top guys. We all already had Mauer and Boggs is worse than Wright.

Im about to get Boggs on this novice account guys, I can feel it.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    You have to keep in mind that you basically have a 1:8 chance to get Boggs (8 possible rewards), and they may program it so some of the rewards have a higher probability of hitting (25000 cash) and other rewards (Boggs) a lower probability. I'm not sure, but even if each prize had an equal probability of hitting, then it should in theory still possibly take around 16,000 in gold for you to get Boggs.

Pick a number from 1-8, grab an 8 sided dice, and keep rolling it until you get your number. On some occasions, it may take more than 8 attempts.

Considering that guys like Colon are fan rewards and costing 20,000 gold, you should be thrilled to get a legend for anything less than 30,000. Just not a risk I'm willing to take though.

Plus, Boggs is 12-5-3 and Wright is 9-9-9, so one could argue that Wright is more valuable considering his hit+power equal out to 1 more than Boggs' and also has the speed to go with it. Yeah, you may get more singles with Boggs, but you're going to get a lot more xBH with Wright.

It's not even close Boggs over Wright everyday and Boggs is a lefty, lol

I take 9 2 1 over 6 6 6 . You undervaluing a 12 Hit player. If you had the all legend team in 2015 version 12 hit guys breath on the ball on you're on base.
  • Options
    feed the bearfeed the bear Registered Users 15 Posts
    No, but if you want to come up to Canada we have been playing this game since March and have wasted just as much of our Monopoly money.

Also I don't think this changes that much for the top guys. We all already had Mauer and Boggs is worse than Wright.

Im about to get Boggs on this novice account guys, I can feel it.

I may have to come up to Canada to stretch my money if this 8 sided die doesn't stop feeling so heavy on the franchise coin and blue cash sides.

I will say though, some teammates from the club are having much better luck, hitting almost 50% of tries.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    It's not even close Boggs over Wright everyday and Boggs is a lefty, lol

I take 9 2 1 over 6 6 6 . You undervaluing a 12 Hit player. If you had the all legend team in 2015 version 12 hit guys breath on the ball on you're on base.

I wouldn't take a 6/6 over 9/2. I would argue that Wright's 9/9 COULD be comparable to Boggs' 12/5 though.

On average, Boggs could go 9-20 with 6 singles, 2 doubles, and 1 HR (.450 AVG, 1.100 OPS)
    Wright might go 7-20 with 2 singles, 2 doubles, and 3 HR (.350 AVG, 1.250 OPS)
  • Options
    Spent a bunch trying to get Kershaw. Probably 22 boxes. Nothing.
  • Options
    I wouldn't take a 6/6 over 9/2. I would argue that Wright's 9/9 COULD be comparable to Boggs' 12/5 though.

On average, Boggs could go 9-20 with 6 singles, 2 doubles, and 1 HR (.450 AVG, 1.100 OPS)
    Wright might go 7-20 with 2 singles, 2 doubles, and 3 HR (.350 AVG, 1.250 OPS)

Except there is no way 3 points in hitting translates to only that much more of an average. I bet my 9/9 Harper hits way better than any 6 hitter I have ever had. Maybe its just me, but 12 hitting makes up for losing 4 points in power.
  • Options
    Except there is no way 3 points in hitting translates to only that much more of an average. I bet my 9/9 Harper hits way better than any 6 hitter I have ever had. Maybe its just me, but 12 hitting makes up for losing 4 points in power.

You think Boggs would be more than a .450 hitter? .500 seems a bit...unrealistic, but there's really only one way to find out.

Get both players on team and put one at DH. See who has the best OPS after 50 games :)
  • Options
    You think Boggs would be more than a .450 hitter? .500 seems a bit...unrealistic, but there's really only one way to find out.

Get both players on team and put one at DH. See who has the best OPS after 50 games :)

I would love that a lot, I just need Boggs, got Wright already.

That being said, my 10 Hitting Joe Mauer hits .425. So yeah I would expect a little better than .450 especially with 20 hitting.