Options

Rich Aurilia????

gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
Not quite sure how they come up with these legends, Rich Aurilia was a good player but in absolutely no way a legend. I looked at his stats I think he made one All Star team and his best batting average was .324..... And last week was Brett Boone he was a good player but they stat him out as if her were Mickey Mantel

Comments

• Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Whats Aurillia's stat line can you tell?
  • Options
    No not yet (at least that I know of) but they have him as a legend this week....
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    Not quite sure how they come up with these legends, Rich Aurilia was a good player but in absolutely no way a legend. I looked at his stats I think he made one All Star team and his best batting average was .324..... And last week was Brett Boone he was a good player but they stat him out as if her were Mickey Mantel

I know the stats are obviously skewed in relation to how he played in real life. That being said, he was still a monster of a shortstop, and was a fan favorite player in San Francisco.

Agreeing with you in general, but in my case I am pretty excited since he was a part of the Giants team I grew up watching.
  • Options
    I get it but its just funny when you see true top players like Bryce Harper have 9/9/3 stats and then Brett Boone have 12/11/7 its just funny......Not that I'm complaining because I have Boone. That being said it would probably make more sense to have an actual Hall of Fame player like Rogers Hornsby, and if they want a little more current Ryne Sandberg and Joe Morgan. Those are at least legit hall of famers.

That being said it probably has something to do with rights and whose name they can and can't use.
  • Options
    Ozzie Smith wouldn't have hurt my feelings, but I hear that he is available as a legend player, just not this week. I was really hoping to see a catcher, like Piazza or Bench. I just got Correa last week. seems to be my luck, the week I played hard for Machado, very next week Wright is the Prime.
  • Options
    ndxndx Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Anyone get Nolan Ryan yet? I played against a Reggie Jackson , not sure how the guy got him.
  • Options
    Reggie Jackson was available on the second wave of fan rewards last week.
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Does anybody know around what time they release the higher tier legends? I hear Griffey is in the game among others who I'm assuming are higher grades than Boone, etc
  • Options
    Its not a time thing, it's a gold spent thing! You have to earn the first 6 tiers with gold spent before anymore tiers will open up.
  • Options
    JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Its not a time thing, it's a gold spent thing! You have to earn the first 6 tiers with gold spent before anymore tiers will open up.

Yep. And it seems tier 7 at least in my case has been a 5* ( I would not even use ) tier 8 has always been a prime player that I did not have on my roster. I would imagine if your team had all primes tier 8 would be a another legend not on your roster. Again this is just my speculation since I do not have all the primes I can't be certain.
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts

Oh ok I thought maybe they reserve some of those for later weeks to release, and that's why some of the lesser half of fame named players are released first. If that makes any sense at all, thanks for your response I appreciate it.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    I get it but its just funny when you see true top players like Bryce Harper have 9/9/3 stats and then Brett Boone have 12/11/7 its just funny......Not that I'm complaining because I have Boone. That being said it would probably make more sense to have an actual Hall of Fame player like Rogers Hornsby, and if they want a little more current Ryne Sandberg and Joe Morgan. Those are at least legit hall of famers.

That being said it probably has something to do with rights and whose name they can and can't use.

Yeah, it is very odd considering Boone's single season best OPS was .950, a huge outlier considering his career OPS was just .767. Harper's OPS last season was 1.109 OPS; yet, his "collection" isn't even as good as Boone's legend.

The legends on this game should only include guys like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Barry Bonds, Jimmie Foxx, Hank Greenberg, Roger Hornsby, Manny Ramirez, Mark McGwire, Micky Mantle, etc.

If you want to go more recent, stick with Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Jim Thome, Lance Berkman, Chipper Jones, Carlos Delgado, etc.
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    Yeah, it is very odd considering Boone's single season best OPS was .950, a huge outlier considering his career OPS was just .767. Harper's OPS last season was 1.109 OPS; yet, his "collection" isn't even as good as Boone's legend.

The legends on this game should only include guys like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Barry Bonds, Jimmie Foxx, Hank Greenberg, Roger Hornsby, Manny Ramirez, Mark McGwire, Micky Mantle, etc.

If you want to go more recent, stick with Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Jim Thome, Lance Berkman, Chipper Jones, Carlos Delgado, etc.

So is Aurilia the best SS now at 12 | 9 | 4 - any Legends better? I know Ernie Banks is not that good.
  • Options
    OnDeckOnDeck Registered Users 54 Posts
    I told my son that Glu cannot afford the image rights of a Babe Ruth, Jimmie Foxx, Willie Mays etc...he has to settle for mediocre players with inflated ratings as his "legends". Back in my day we had Hall of Famers playing the all-star games, not like today's MLB full of wannabes. For example, that Kershaw kid here in my hometown of LA. The kid is a great regular season player, but chokes in the Playoffs. Or what about that other kid Pujols? Could of been an all-time Cardinals great like Stan the Man, but decides to cash in on the money on a last place Angels team. I could go on, but my arthritis is acting up again...
  • Options
    Ozzie Smith wouldn't have hurt my feelings, but I hear that he is available as a legend player, just not this week. I was really hoping to see a catcher, like Piazza or Bench. I just got Correa last week. seems to be my luck, the week I played hard for Machado, very next week Wright is the Prime.

Ozzie Smith was never known for his hitting - more of a defensive player (hence all of the gold gloves).

His stats on the game would be like 4-1-10
  • Options
    Ozzie Smith was never known for his hitting - more of a defensive player (hence all of the gold gloves).

His stats on the game would be like 4-1-10

LY he was 9/4/12. Didn't really do much but you were almost always guaranteed a steal.
  • Options
    Jbsherr wrote: »
    LY he was 9/4/12. Didn't really do much but you were almost always guaranteed a steal.

Really?! He only had one season where he hit .300+ and only had 28 HR over 19 seasons! He definitely had speed and defense, but those ratings are pretty inflated, but then again I guess they have Brett Boone where he is - granted, at least Boone had a couple of really good years.
  • Options
    Really?! He only had one season where he hit .300+ and only had 28 HR over 19 seasons! He definitely had speed and defense, but those ratings are pretty inflated, but then again I guess they have Brett Boone where he is - granted, at least Boone had a couple of really good years.

Yep- I totally agree they're definitely inflated. In all honestly he was probably one of the weakest legends they had out. Even though he will go down as one of the greatest shortstops to ever play the game, especially with his glove.