Options

Sprint Event Difficulty

ImperialstoutsImperialstouts Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
Over the past couple of weeks it seems like the difficulty of the sprint events has ratcheted up. I find myself winning 2-3 games and then losing. I'm winning about 60% of the first four games (which are all against teams two divisions lower than me), and for which I usually substantially outrank the opponent.

However, during random games and bonus games, even if all I do is autoplay, I can easily win 75-80% of those games. And those are teams in my own division.

So what gives? Are the team strength rankings meaningless, and the competition gets some unattributed boost? It's frustrating and really puts a damper on Tuesdays and weekends for me and everyone in my club.

Comments

• Options
    ThbeabThbeab Registered Users 14 Posts
    I could not agree with you more.
    I played several games myself today, with my team putting up plenty of runs on offense because I know how to hit, only for my good pitcher with tons of upgrades to give up 4-6 runs in an inning, or for my defense, which again is heavily upgraded, to make several errors in one inning. SO that no matter how much I score (the only part I can control) my team would lose. AND the team I lose to usually has lower upgrades, lower hitting rank, worse starting pitcher, and somehow whether I play or I sim the game, I lose. Just lost 3 of 4 with my team heavily favored in each game.
    Sounds like complaining, but this is literal observation after having played plenty of this game.
  • Options
    Ok it's good to hear I'm not alone or going crazy. Half my club wants to quit the game since its no fun this way.

I did notice that it comes and goes. This weekend was the same way. Then suddenly my pitchers were throwing 1-hitters and striking out 12-15 batters a game.

It's bizarre. Some consistency would help. As would an explanation.
  • Options
    As I say all of this, I see an iPhone app update came through with new features and bug fixes. Let's see if that changes anything.