Options

Reviews of Glu Mobile on glassdoor.com

InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
This is a pretty revealing look at the company we're dealing with. Not too good.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Glu-Reviews-E16224.htm

Comments

• Options
    GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    [FONT=&quot]From one review:

"If a title's launch is not successful watch out. Management is quick to kill support of a title rather than try to make improvements. Their strategy has shifted from Original IP to Celebrity titles which hasn't worked out like they thought it would. While management says that they want titles that will 'suprise and delight' players, I feel like they just want to make a Kim Kardashian Clone - and ignore the rest of th[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]… "

Is that what is happening to Tap Sports Baseball? It doesn't seem like many users are getting much support[/FONT]
  • Options
    gigemagsgigemags Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    You nailed it.

Everyone is b itching about Glu losing money and threatening boycott but they literally, genuinely don't care. Tap Baseball isn't even mentioned in their company bio: Glu creates games in various genres, such as action, celebrity, sports and simulation that are based on its brands, including Contract Killer, Cooking Dash, Deer Hunter, Diner Dash, Eternity Warriors, Frontline Commando, Gun Bros and Heroes of Destiny. The Company also creates games based on third-party licensed brands, including Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Kendall and Kylie, Katy Perry Pop, James Bond: World of Espionage, and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Sniper X With Jason Statham.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    "It seems that the goal of the company is to regurgitate the same game instead of innovate" This review is spot on.
    Anyways, I'll be off. I'm done with this game, have real life stuff to do rather than waste my time with a company that couldn't give 2 $hits about their customers.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Gariputo wrote: »
    [FONT=&amp]From one review:

"If a title's launch is not successful watch out. Management is quick to kill support of a title rather than try to make improvements. Their strategy has shifted from Original IP to Celebrity titles which hasn't worked out like they thought it would. While management says that they want titles that will 'suprise and delight' players, I feel like they just want to make a Kim Kardashian Clone - and ignore the rest of th[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]… "

Is that what is happening to Tap Sports Baseball? It doesn't seem like many users are getting much support[/FONT]

You should see Tap Sports Football. I tried it out because I loved this game and I don't really follow MLB, but I really love the NFL so I figured it would be perfect for me. Hated it. Checked out their forums and it's a bunch of people saying "Why are there no more events scheduled?" and posting comments from Glu support saying that they haven't planned any further updates or any further events and don't know when/if they will. Glad I didn't spend money on that ****.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    +1

Their stock has fallen sharply too. Once you loose paying customers in the ap game it's hard to get them back. Peaks and valleys and their heading into a valley