Options

An observation about the errors at GLU

FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
The errors or parts that don't work are the rewards -- I didn't get my gold, my player, my rewards for the weekend, etc.

I have never seen an error where GLU cannot take your money. That part of the code ALWAYS works.

I'm still getting ads that work -- heres more gold for less money, heres a bargain on draft picks, heres a bunch of franchise coins or all of the above for a bargain price. That ALWAYS works.

The parting with your money functions always work. What the customer gets in return may or may not work.

Funny how that is......

Comments

• Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Funny how that happens. Even on Wednesday and Thursday when you could barely log on or play a game, if you could get on the store functioned perfectly!
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    I'm not arguing with you, but realistically, the purchasing part isn't programmed by Glu I don't believe and the code for in-app purchases can be copy and pasted since so many others are doing identical stuff, furthermore its the same code throughout all their games. ALSO, there aren't 1000 people all trying to buy gold at the stroke of midnight each night like with collecting rewards. I feel your sentiment, just saying :)
  • Options
    I'm not arguing with you, but realistically, the purchasing part isn't programmed by Glu I don't believe and the code for in-app purchases can be copy and pasted since so many others are doing identical stuff, furthermore its the same code throughout all their games. ALSO, there aren't 1000 people all trying to buy gold at the stroke of midnight each night like with collecting rewards. I feel your sentiment, just saying :)

The ads to get you to spend money are programmed by GLU. The screen where you go to buy gold ALWAYS works -- I could always get to that screen. GLU has to write code to get their app to interface with itunes and google play -- that part always works.

With regard to 1000 people logging on at once -- either the code works or it doesn't. It's a server issue that handles the traffic. Not code.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    FiestaRed wrote: »
    With regard to 1000 people logging on at once -- either the code works or it doesn't. It's a server issue that handles the traffic. Not code.

Well yea, but we don't know if the problem is with the servers or the code. That's what they're figuring out.
  • Options
    HudsonavehoesHudsonavehoes Registered Users 4 Posts
    Where do you enter the code ?
  • Options
    I'm talking programmers code. The code written to make the game work, or in this case, to screw it up.