Options

Legends, how much do they cost and how do you get them?

DolphinfanDolphinfan Registered Users 47 Posts
where do you get legends from, and how much do they cost? Ballpark answers will due.

Comments

• Options
    bootopiabootopia Registered Users 114 Posts
    Open legend boxes. 2000 golds each.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    bootopia wrote: »
    Open legend boxes. 2000 golds each.

For a guaranteed legend do it on a weekend and spend the 35k gold doing so. That way at least you have the fan reward legend you can guarantee yourself
  • Options
    Trainer BlueTrainer Blue Registered Users 41 Posts
    Could just flagrantly hack the game like everyone from ProScouts 3, KingKongs, etc. GLU doesn't give a **** about it anyway.
  • Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Dolphinfan wrote: »
    where do you get legends from, and how much do they cost? Ballpark answers will due.

I generally agree with the other comments...

Collections: My first Legend was Bagwell from the Collections, but the players up in Collections lately haven't been nearly as good. Bagwell cost me about 14k.

Fan Rewards: If gold isn't readily available (meaning, you aren't cheating and collecting absurd amounts of gold) then it's usually a good idea to go for the 35k gold fan rewards since that's a guarantee. You know what you're getting and you know how much it's going to cost. Usually, the 55k tier is just a Prime (unless you have them all), and after that it resets, so to get a 2nd legend from fan rewards you'll need to spend 55k gold after collecting the first legend (90k total). Too expensive for most people...

Legend Boxes: As others have said, this is a mixed bag. I got Reggie Jackson in about 10 tries (20k gold), I got Ken Griffey in about 5 (10k gold), and spent 35k trying to get Ted Williams but came up empty. ALSO, I suspect that the Legend Box's chances for success are reduced during the weekend fan rewards... I can't prove that, but I got both Jackson and Griffey during the week and have yet to successfully earn a legend on the weekend while trying to double-up during fan rewards.
  • Options
    Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    Very true on the boxes. Its a toss up and a huge gamble. When I hacked the game it took a little over 500 boxes total to get an all legend squad, including pitchers