Options

Best Way to Spend Gold during Fan Rewards?

jhoby529jhoby529 Registered Users 2 Posts
Now that I've saved up 20,000+ gold, I'm ready to spend during fan rewards. I would wait to get to 35k for a legend, but I don't have the patience for that. Granted there is a prime worth buying, I want to come out of the weekend w/ a minimum of 4 five stars (2 from fan rewards). Based on your experience, what is the best way to allocate my gold to ensure getting those additional 2 five star players?

1- 3 player pack- Platinum trade pack for 10k, guarantees one 5 star (Is this even still avail?)
2- Draft Picks- 67 #1 Picks, 200 First Round picks
3- Mystery Boxes - 10x Legend Boxes, 28x Prime Boxes, 80x 5 Star boxes (On sale now, not sure if it's the actual price)
4- Collections- How much do you need to spend to complete collections?
5- Multi Drafts - 13x Multi Drafts. Has anybody gotten anything above a 4.5 star on a multi draft?

I'm thinking my best option is purchasing 1 Platinum trade pack to guarantee a 5 star, then either spending the rest on #1 Draft picks or Prime & Five Star Boxes. I doubt I pull a legend opening just 5-10 Legend Boxes. Collections seem like a scam to me, Multi Drafts are a waste of time.

Comments

• Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Just my 2 cents, I think it's worth waiting until you have 35k. You're going to go for all 5-star players and then realize that Primes and Legends are necessary and immediately start replacing some of the players you just earned (and spending a bunch of gold to do it). Along with that, I've found that draft picks quickly became obsolete. I got a few useful players early on, but when I started to really invest in draft picks I rarely got what I wanted/needed.

If there's a Platinum trade pack that would be useful, go for that since you know what you're getting and what it'll cost (just like fan rewards). You also have the option to gamble a bit and use those guys to trade for a Prime (hint: whatever position you're trading for, put really terrible players as your starters in that position before you trade; you'll increase your likelihood of a successful trade).

I am in a different position than you since I'm only shooting for Legends, but my favorites are Legend Boxes, though they are every bit as much of a gamble as you'd think. I got Reggie Jackson in about 10 tries (20k gold), I got Ken Griffey in about 5 (10k gold), and spent 35k+ trying to get Ted Williams but came up empty. But, in your position, there's a better chance that the consolation prizes will be useful for your team (though I'm sure you'll be just as ****ed as me when you spend 2k and earn like 25,000 cash for your efforts...).
  • Options
    jhoby529jhoby529 Registered Users 2 Posts
    ^Yeah, I agree it is probably worth saving up for the full 35k. The game has tested my patience, so not sure how much time I want to put into it moving forward. It depends what prime player is avail. If he's somebody I really want, I'll pull the trigger. If not, I'll continue to wait until I have 35. After mulling it over, in the event that I do spend this weekend, the Prime Boxes seem like they're probably my best bet. That way I'll at least have 2 Prime players moving forward.