Options

What's your "gameplan"?

Still a newish player and wondering what the best way to set your gameplan is. When I first started I set everything except for intentional walks to extreme. I am usually pretty cautious about stealing for example, but like always having the option. But then I started wondering if my team is making reckless steals during auto-play games because of this. Anyone know is these settings also affect autoplay games? If so, whats the optimal way to set all these options? Should get more aggressive as I continue to upgrade my team and get better players?

Here my current settings:
Consider Bunting - Rare
Consider Stealing - Extreme
Infield In - Average
Infield Shifts - Extreme
Intentional Walks - Rare
Batting Order - L Vs R

Comments

• Options
    ResevoirdogsResevoirdogs Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Still a newish player and wondering what the best way to set your gameplan is. When I first started I set everything except for intentional walks to extreme. I am usually pretty cautious about stealing for example, but like always having the option. But then I started wondering if my team is making reckless steals during auto-play games because of this. Anyone know is these settings also affect autoplay games? If so, whats the optimal way to set all these options? Should get more aggressive as I continue to upgrade my team and get better players?

Here my current settings:
    Consider Bunting - Rare
    Consider Stealing - Extreme
    Infield In - Average
    Infield Shifts - Extreme
    Intentional Walks - Rare
    Batting Order - L Vs R

I hate bunting, but the rest depends on your team. The players you have should reflect in your strategy. For example, lots of 7 -10 speed means steal a lot.

The L vs R is cool if you have equal skill L and R.

Infield shifts tend to work ok when NOT playing a human, but a player with medium experience will know how to hit oppo down the line.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    Thanks, that's definitely helpful

I guess my main question is, since I still have a few players with only 4-5 speed who I never steal with when I'm playing, if I set stealing to "extreme" are they going to be making a bunch of stupid steals when I autoplay and hurt my chances of winning?