Options

How would you prioritize these players?

Obviously this doesn't apply to people with a team full of legends but my team is only a 4 star average currently so I'm still trying to gain every edge I can.

Anyway, I was looking over my teams batting and pitching stats and noticed some players with worse rankings actually had better in-game results over large samples (over 1,000 AB's/~200 starts).

So I'm wondering, if after a thousand games, if you had to make a decision between a pitcher with 8-8-8 stats and one with 9-9-9 stats (making these numbers up) but the 8-8-8 pitcher had a lower ERA, higher strikeout percentage, etc would you favor the 8-8-8 guy? Would you do the same with a batter with the equivilent results? Is it possible there is something about the 8-8-8 guy that makes him tougher to hit against vs a human player that isn't represented in the stats, or is it a fluke/still not a large enough sample?

Comments

• Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Sometimes there's just players who do better. Felix Hernandez is one. Best 4-star pitcher by far... Better than most 4.5 stars and some 5 stars. Can't always look at stats... If you use ice wraps, your ace is gonna face tougher opponents.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Stats are tough to look at and compare because they aren't always apples to apples. For instance if you had 9-9-9 (guessing Kershaw) in your ace spot. I know I tend to use my ice wraps in prime events during longer win streaks. That means my ace is going against more tougher lineups. So he is likely to have worse numbers.