Options

WAR, What is it good for? Absolutly nothing!

Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
I would like to call into question statistics such as WAR in relation to this game. I have several player over the 300 Wins Above Replacement, which i'm sure a great deal of you would read that statistic and scoff at my piddly numbers, but thats the point. WAR makes sense in reference to a 162 game schedule. Not an infinate number of games.

I would propose that if TSB come through with another installment, make reference to several stats as per 162 games. HR are a great example of the convience. I have a player with 1156 home runs. Barry Bonds with a Glu Hack would be impressed. But if that could be broken down to 25 HRs Per, then it would be a much more relatable stat.

I thank you for your consideration.

Athletics1001

Comments

• Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I agree it would be nice to have more meaning to the stats provided. Its not that hard to divide your WAR by games and that gives you a better idea.
    That being said its not all equal. I got my first legend (brett Boone)and I think I was at Star level. He was great. HR every 5 ab's batted near .500. I was facing mostly 4* pitchers and didn't see guys with maxed upgrades. Now I'm grand master and see almost all legend pitchers with a few prime sprinkled in. It makes comparing Boone's number to legends I got later in the game hard
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    I like this idea. I hate seeing that one of my players has X number or HR's or RBI's then remember they've been involved in a thousand games so the stat doesn't mean as much
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    Say it again!
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    By the way its the San Francisco Rivercats now;)
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I'm aware. But I like the name and wanted my team to be such.