Options

Best way to get better?

GerryAGerryA Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
I started a new club last month. Trying to improve by staying as low level as i can, and using what gold i have on multi drafts. I cant seem to find a decent club for consistent results. Is there a better way to improve my team?

Comments

• Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited December 2016
    Dont use gold for any draft.  "draft" is code for "costed you gold to get someone to trade".  get a decent club that gets you bonus games and cash.  spend that cash on upgrades. use bonus day to do good for your club and earn you enough 2nd round picks to trade for a #1 disappointment...but at least it didnt cost gold.

Horde that gold and use it to a) upgrade past level 15.  b) spend at the right time and a 4.5 and 5 star player to add to your lineup.c) score massive in weekend events and earn draft picks cash and even more gold.  

I use gold early on to get key players set to add looooong term benifits to my team.  Dee Gordons 919 line is a thing of beauty.  cost me 1250 and i regret nothing.  i put a HUGE priority on hitting.  thus i dropped gold for a 935 shortstop and a 827 player at DH.  all have over 6000 games with me.  my lineup has 4 "gold" players and 5 drafted. 

Also forget stars, stuff is the utmost importance.  adjust your rotation on that.  my ace is a 4 star 458.  my 4.5 star 767 has a quarter run higher on his ERA. 

That is my advice on how to get better.  not knowing your team, level, or experience.  but staying low level is a great plan.  keep a 1 star on your bench to avoid autopromotion.

See you on the diamond.