Options

What is the point of EVO?

jauseljausel Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I started liked a week ago and sometimes I win a purple hexagon with the letters "EVO" on it. What is it and what do I use it for?

Comments

• Options
    iambucketheadiambuckethead Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    jausel said:
    I started liked a week ago and sometimes I win a purple hexagon with the letters "EVO" on it. What is it and what do I use it for?
    Once the game is released in the United States, they are going to also release a "D" purple hexagon.  It will be very difficult to obtain the "D" purple hexagon - you'll need like 1,001 "EVO" purple hexagons to trade in 1,000 of those for the "D".  Once you have the "D" and your 1 final "EVO", you will be promoted to DEVO.... at which point you'll be able to whip it, whip it real good.  From that point forward you will never lose again.... until they release the "MEN IN HATS" purple hexagon combinations... then sh!t gets real...

• Options
    RevampedRevamped Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    ^^^ lol

You need cash and EXP to level up your players, which increases their attributes by each level. Once they reach level 10, they have similar skills as the players a division above them, however they are still in the lower tier.

example: if you're in bronze, you can get your players to level 10 which would be near the skill level of a silver player, however it will still only be level 10. EVO is then used as the experience, and gold as the currency to level up your player to the next tier, so you can keep him on your team as you progress throughout the divisions. I recommend only using it on 5 star players, with some exceptions for 4.5 star players in positions that are difficult to find upgrades in (such as catcher). 
  • Options
    I can't believe I got flagged as spam...
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I can't believe I got flagged as spam...
    It's not your fault DEVO is relentless in their quest for relevance again.  You'll find they spam all sorts of forums.

"Hey Karsashites!  Who's your fav Kardarshian? Who's your favorite parent? Mom, or other Mom?  Also, name your favorite art house electro pop album from the 80's highlighted by whipping things good "
  • Options
    BobbybooBobbyboo Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    jausel said:
    Once the game is released in the United States, they are going to also release a "D" purple hexagon.  It will be very difficult to obtain the "D" purple hexagon - you'll need like 1,001 "EVO" purple hexagons to trade in 1,000 of those for the "D".  Once you have the "D" and your 1 final "EVO", you will be promoted to DEVO.... at which point you'll be able to whip it, whip it real good.  From that point forward you will never lose again.... until they release the "MEN IN HATS" purple hexagon combinations... then sh!t gets real...

Dude. Don't try so hard to be funny. 
  • Options
    jausel said:

Dude. Don't try so hard to be funny. 
    Why?  Not that there was any real effort put into the post, and it certainly wasn't something that required me to try so hard... If you're anti Devo or anti Men in Hats, then I suppose it's possible you're taking out some frustration by commenting as such, casting aspersions... then again, if you don't like Devo then you can whip it, whip it real good.  
  • Options
    GiabloGiablo Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I'm still confused. So can I not use the "evo" tokens until I have a player at level ten? And why are they so hard to get? Like the only time I get any is when my club levels up. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Giablo said:
    I'm still confused. So can I not use the "evo" tokens until I have a player at level ten? And why are they so hard to get? Like the only time I get any is when my club levels up. 

Yes, you have to have a player at Level 10.  At that point you can't spend EXP and Cash on him, and you'll see a gold amount and a number of EVO tokens.  If you have enough of both and your team is at a higher level than the player you are trying to upgrade, then you can take that player with you to the higher level. 

Once you get to platinum, it's almost impossible to take your team with you.  It's 50 EVO per player.  I play this game every day, have never been jailed, etc., and I only had enough EVO to take one player from gold to platinum.  It's the most frustrating part of the game for me.  I spent months acquiring 5* players and now if I use them I'm overmatched by platinum level 3.5 stars. 

• Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    EVO tokens are very hard to get. but if you have a level 10 gold player and you are in the platinum tier, if you draft that player again, he will evolve/level up to platinum level 1.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool: