Options

franchise player glitch

ricksalinasricksalinas Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I have Carlos Beltran as a franchise player but he's never in my line up. I had to buy another slot to use a franchise player. 

Comments

• Options
    WashedupWashedup Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    The position player u have is probably better so Beltran doesn't get put in.  Try putting a weak guy in that position
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    It might be a case where you have somebody better than Beltran at the position.  Try putting a weaker guy in there.  Feel free to PM me if you think it's actually a glitch.
  • Options
    deeeznatsdeeeznats Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    To chime in, blueleopard is absolutely correct.  There are a couple reasons why it may not work:

1. If your "lineup decisions" in the Gameplan screen of your team menu is set to "Potential" and the guy you have at the position has the potential to have better stats than the franchise guy, the Franchise guy won't start.

2. Same thing as the above except if you have a Substitute that has a higher "potential" than your starter, he will start over your starter.  If that sub also has a higher potential than the franchise player, the franchise guy won't play.

3. If you got the franchise player and then promoted tiers and your starter in that position is now your current tier, the old tier franchise player won't start.  That is, if you added Beltran while you were in the Bronze tier, then promoted to Silver and now have a Silver guy at the position, the silver guy will likely have better stats and start over Beltran.

Solution:

Ensure your Gameplan for Roster Decisions is changed to "Current", put a weaker player into the position and ensure there are no subs that could be chosen for that position either.  Then, your franchise guy will play and once the games are used up, you can set your roster back to how you want it and get a new Franchise player, if you'd like.

Blueleopard, any insight as to whether something will be done about this?  Maybe something where if you have a franchise player and you move up a tier, the franchise player does as well?  Having to manipulate your lineup and start a franchise guy that is weaker than your current guy, just so you can open the spot up, does not seem right.  Furthermore, if someone has a franchise player and then gets lucky with a draft pick and pulls someone better, they're basically not able to use that new stud until the franchise guy runs out of games.  

This is just a thought but maybe there could be an option to "surrender" a franchise player and open up the spot.  There are other times where you may have gotten one player and added a bunch of games to him but then there is someone else who would be more helpful and you can't add him until you have used up the other guy.

I definitely like the new structure of the franchise players, where there is always an option to get someone better than anyone you could possibly have on your team but the issues here are the negative side of the tiered franchise player structure.

Thanks!

• Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    That's actually a pretty cool suggestion.  I'll note that.