Options

Derby and Game Matchups

DipDaddy007DipDaddy007 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
I know I'm in the minority when it comes to enjoying tsb derbies so most of you may not care, but what the heck is up with trying to match with someone? Since this update I haven't been able to find an opponent at any time of day on any level derby (and no I'm not jailed). 

From what I've heard...now they've made it so that you can only match with other users in your tier, be it silver, gold, etc. I'm not sure if this is the case or not but I had enough trouble finding a match before, now its downright impossible. But if this is the new reality, then why can a silver team match with a gold, platinum, or diamond team in regular game play? A little consistency at least would be nice...

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I know I'm in the minority when it comes to enjoying tsb derbies so most of you may not care, but what the heck is up with trying to match with someone? Since this update I haven't been able to find an opponent at any time of day on any level derby (and no I'm not jailed). 

From what I've heard...now they've made it so that you can only match with other users in your tier, be it silver, gold, etc. I'm not sure if this is the case or not but I had enough trouble finding a match before, now its downright impossible. But if this is the new reality, then why can a silver team match with a gold, platinum, or diamond team in regular game play? A little consistency at least would be nice...

I haven't found a match since the update either, and I'm also not jailed.  I can only assume that Glu doesn't want players making gold on derby, so they eliminated the advantage of playing lower level sluggers (although lower level sluggers tended to do just fine against me, that could be because I'm terrible at derby). 

I enjoyed derby, so this is yet another change that ruins my enjoyment of the game.  Between "match me" games I can't win, tourneys I enter only to lose in the first round to a team I could never beat, bonus game losing streaks after previously having a good win percentage with my same team at the same level, no matches in derby, no sprint event...I'm running out of things to enjoy about this game.

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I've posted 2 different match-ups from yesterday where I once played a gold level team that was almost 50% better than me in team points, to playing a diamond level team that was a hair under 300% better than me. No lie... my team points are like 33k, and his team points were 96k. How does that even make sense?!?!?!?
  • Options
    I've posted 2 different match-ups from yesterday where I once played a gold level team that was almost 50% better than me in team points, to playing a diamond level team that was a hair under 300% better than me. No lie... my team points are like 33k, and his team points were 96k. How does that even make sense?!?!?!?

It makes perfect sense up to the point that you quit.  Glu hopes you will see how much better your team could be at Diamond and that you will spend money to get there.  They are assuming any frustration you feel won't prevent you from continuing to play the game. 

There is no question that being overmatched led me to spend gold and get to Platinum, so I fell for it.  But I won't be going to Diamond, I just don't have the resources. 

• Options
    Metsicans said:

I haven't found a match since the update either, and I'm also not jailed.  I can only assume that Glu doesn't want players making gold on derby, so they eliminated the advantage of playing lower level sluggers (although lower level sluggers tended to do just fine against me, that could be because I'm terrible at derby). 

I enjoyed derby, so this is yet another change that ruins my enjoyment of the game.  Between "match me" games I can't win, tourneys I enter only to lose in the first round to a team I could never beat, bonus game losing streaks after previously having a good win percentage with my same team at the same level, no matches in derby, no sprint event...I'm running out of things to enjoy about this game.

Lower tiered sluggers also feasted on my slugging abilities....lol. I mean if they HAVE to make it a more level playing field, why not just incorporate some sort of handicap so the sluggers would be a bit more comparable while advantage still goes to the person with the better slugger. This is way more appealing to me than just never being able to match at all.

Also, while I'm at this...who else hates those f****** brown bonus balls. I for one can never see the stupid things
  • Options
    I actually think they changed the bonus ball color, FWIW.
  • Options
    scrantonscranton Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I thought it has always been level, or am I wrong? Bronze 5 star Trumbo does just as well as silver trumbo...even though silver one has a higher rating in derby. 
  • Options
    Metsicans: I wouldn't know lol, still haven't been able to match. I hope you're right

Scranton: Previously you just had to be the same derby level as someone, as in unlocked the exact same derbies as your opponent. For example it wouldn't matter if one user had a platinum team and their opponent was only silver, they could match in the derby if they had each unlocked derbies up to 500 gold (rank 4). It seems now you can only match with people of the same overall tier, and its slim pickings in the platinum and diamond tier.

But I agree, there was little to no difference but I'm not so sure it was by design...lol. I have Trumbo as well and he hits 500 ft bombs regularly, but some of my other sluggers that are 40 points higher can't even hit it 485. Makes no sense
  • Options
    Day 2 of not finding a match.  I started a new account on the family iPad, though, and found instant matches.  Must be easier for Bronze Rank 1 as opposed Platinum Rank 7.  Just stinks that the new method means I can never play derby after working so hard to develop my slugger roster. 
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    After about 10 attempts I finally got a match, but it's a little mismatched
  • Options
    You're seriously playing the hr derby with 3.5 star sluggers? What do you expect. Kinda ballsy to risk gold with a crappy slugger 
  • Options
    It's the player who makes the slugger, ask that guy. His 5*  didn't get the job done. And he was literally the last guy I had available at that level. I don't spend resources on HR I just take them from others.
  • Options
    And the whole topic was about the match up system, so why can't a 3.5 slugger be matched with a suitable opponent. You can see he wasn't even on the same level.
  • Options
    U would never find a matchup. Chances that two 3.5 star sluggers start the match at the same time are slim. Most derby teams don't even keep sluggers under 4 stars
  • Options
    Isn't that the whole point? So if you start a new team you have no right to face opposition of the same caliber?
  • Options
    Anyway...so was that screenshot recent? I still haven't found a single match in close to a week by now. Bullet - are you platinum tier?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    No that was my youngest silver team, to be fair I think it was just before the most recent update, I am also having trouble finding a game now.
  • Options
    Not sure about you or anyone else but I'm still having the same old issues. I think the derby needs another update or two