Options

Fan rewards.

travolationtravolation Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
is this a fan rewards event during the week or is it only the weekend?

Comments

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Fan rewards run both during the week, and over the weekend. Different events...
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Fan rewards run both during the week, and over the weekend. Different events...

The weekend event seems to pop on Fridays. Do you know when the weekday event appears? I finally have enough gold for a good reward so I'm getting antsy! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    They may have discontinued them because it makes the stadium impossible to upgrade. Once you buy the stadium, you upgrade it by spending gold during non fan event days... I.E. weekdays. Well... Glu started running weekday fan events... which made it nearly impossible to level up a stadium unless you timed your gold spending perfectly.

I noticed there was no weekday event last week, and I don't see one this week... which leads me to think they stopped the weekday fan event.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    They may have discontinued them because it makes the stadium impossible to upgrade. Once you buy the stadium, you upgrade it by spending gold during non fan event days... I.E. weekdays. Well... Glu started running weekday fan events... which made it nearly impossible to level up a stadium unless you timed your gold spending perfectly.

I noticed there was no weekday event last week, and I don't see one this week... which leads me to think they stopped the weekday fan event.
    So disappointing! I'm not sure I can wait until Friday. LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I think the Fan Rewards that everyone gets are only a weekend thing, and that other rewards events kind of pop up individually for players at specific times, like when you move up a tier or get promoted to a new division.
  • Options
    No... they were running a fan event during the week for like a month straight. I have the stadium, and it was getting pretty frustrating trying to find times when I could buy using gold to level up my stadium. The last 2 weeks they haven't had them during the week... which makes me think a lot more people than just me complained about it.

Now that my stadium is at level 4, and level 5 is 40k spent in gold... I am just going to focus on the weekend fan reward 10k player instead of leveling up my stadium for a while.
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2017
    I think I had a mid-week fan reward the first week the game came out. Maybe the second. Nothing like that since, except when I was promoted to silver tier and a couple other times on Mondays immediately following the conclusion of the weekend fan rewards, including this Monday, after I had been promoted to the final silver division. Nothing on Glu social media about mid-week rewards either (they post about the weekend fan rewards). It is very likely possible, if not probable, that not everyone was getting the reward events you were, and that you are not getting some that others are. I still believe the only ones that are universal are on the weekend.
  • Options
    Deputy276Deputy276 Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Well I bought that stadium thing on Monday and it is Friday and still no chance to upgrade it. One guy said the first week you can't do an upgrade. I dunno. Nothing in writing from the company about that. I sent them an email asking wtf is going on but no reply.
  • Options
    l02521zl02521z Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Can't do nothing while rewards are active
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Your account had to do very specific things to activate a weekday fan event. Like advancing a level for the first time.  The universal ones we do take place over the weekend.