Options

Prime player upgrades are BS

Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
So I got Prime Matt Holiday after spending kazillions of gold. He is Silver level 1. I just moved to gold tier. he is my WORST player. the prime EXP costs so much to get, that I think it will be cheaper to get rid of him, and try to redraft him as a gold level 1, then try to level him up. If I redraft him now it shows that he will level up to silver 2. It should at least bump him to gold 1 since I am now in the gold tier. BS
Trevor
Angels61
:cool:
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Yes. The system is clearly not well-thought through. Perhaps with time they'll find a better balance that makes Prime players more equitable with having regular players.
  • Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    In 2024, this game will be amazing!!!!

Ace1234NY said:
    Perhaps with time they'll find a better balance that makes Prime players more equitable with having regular players.

• Options
    cornstarcornstar Registered Users, Member 214 Posts
    In 2024, this game will be amazing!!!!

Ace1234NY said:
    Perhaps with time they'll find a better balance that makes Prime players more equitable with having regular players.

In 2024 the game costs $50 to download. Late round picks $10 each. Prime boxes $1k each
  • Options
    iambucketheadiambuckethead Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    So I got Prime Matt Holiday after spending kazillions of gold. He is Silver level 1. I just moved to gold tier. he is my WORST player. the prime EXP costs so much to get, that I think it will be cheaper to get rid of him, and try to redraft him as a gold level 1, then try to level him up. If I redraft him now it shows that he will level up to silver 2. It should at least bump him to gold 1 since I am now in the gold tier. BS

Don't get rid and try to redraft - if you're the next tier and you draft him again, he'll promote automatically and evolve to level 2 of your tier.
  • Options
    they got rid of the prime box anyway. now he's useless. hes 50 points lower than all of my other players
    Trevor
    Angels61
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll bring it back. Maybe they're implementing something that makes more sense. They may do some bad things, but there's no incentive for them to make their prime players useless.
  • Options
    Well... they surely aren't going to go back and give Angels61 a bump in player stats, or refund his gold he wasted to get a feeder player. That's why I don't bother with these players of the week/month. Short-term gain, long-term waste.
  • Options
    they just brought box back with prime sabathia. just sucks that I have a prime player that is useless.
    Trevor
    Angels61
  • Options
    I say again.... GOT 'EEM!!! The Catfished you! That's why I don't buy mystery boxes.
  • Options
    Oh I get what he means. Like Prime Holliday is gone. Well yeah, that's rough. Hopefully at some point they come up with a better way of getting prime xp.
  • Options
    jdefran14jdefran14 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Save your gold for the fan rewards and dump that into multi drafts. The higher rank you are the better players you will get. 

Example: Silver multi drafts guarantee 4 star player. 

Gold multi drafts guarantee 4.5 star player.

If the goal of the game is eventually get to diamond. Stack your gold and wait for the right time. Even if it's 4500, you still get the 4.5 star player in the fan rewards, and then at least 3 4.5 star players from the multi drafts. Don't spend real money, do the free offers and SAVE. Don't waste hard earned gold on high risk boxes. Multi drafts are low risk high reward especially because you get insane exp if you get duplicate players. 

• Options
    I agree with this statement 100%!

jdefran14 said:
    Save your gold for the fan rewards and dump that into multi drafts. The higher rank you are the better players you will get. 

If the goal of the game is eventually get to diamond. Stack your gold and wait for the right time. Even if it's 4500, you still get the 4.5 star player in the fan rewards, and then at least 3 4.5 star players from the multi drafts. Don't spend real money, do the free offers and SAVE. Don't waste hard earned gold on high risk boxes. Multi drafts are low risk high reward especially because you get insane exp if you get duplicate players. 

• Options
    smc27smc27 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    How much is prime xp? I can't see it because i dont have a prime player :neutral:  23 tries to show for it.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    jdefran14 said:

The problem with multidrafts is you almost never get 5 stars (in my experience).  So if your team is already mostly 4.5 and 5 stars, the multidrafts aren't that helpful except to build EXP. 
  • Options
    5* players are elite... of course it will be hard to get them. Save up 10k in gold and get the 5* guy on the weekend. BUT.. the 5x multipicks are still the best for the EXP.

If I had all my players capped out... THEN I might try some mystery boxes. BUT... I won't even consider them until that happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Metsicans said:
    jdefran14 said:

The problem with multidrafts is you almost never get 5 stars (in my experience).  So if your team is already mostly 4.5 and 5 stars, the multidrafts aren't that helpful except to build EXP. 
    I was kinda weary of this too. In my small experience, sure you were guaranteed a 4 star, but that seemed to be the best I'd get a lot of the time. But I probably haven't bought enough to have a good idea of whether 5 stars are any more rare in multi-picks, it was just sort of a feeling I had. The other thing is that if you wait for Sunday, #1 picks are 25% off. The multi-picks never go on sale. So you can get 25% more players for your gold by going that route.
  • Options
    The problem with doing single #1 picks is the pick is only 3* or better... I've gotten a good player once or twice by doing the single pick... but more times than not it is a EXP feeder player.
  • Options
    I've had a 5 star in a multi-pick once. I've had a couple of 5 stars from #1 picks. Once you reach a certain level, anything lower is pretty much exp feeder anyway. Might as well get more of them.
  • Options
    I have 6k in gold saved up for the weekend event to blow on players. Then... BAM... a 1B and C... neither of which I need. I could use the 5* SS... but that is 10k in gold, and I only have 6k. I'll keep trying for 10k, but most likely will just carry it over for another week.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I could use a SS. I was kinda hoping that when they offered a SS it would be Story. One thing I would like to know is where Diaz will end up at silver level 10. My current SS, Bogaerts, would be 111. I remember that Diaz has been offered as a prime player before, but I don't remember what his overall was. Kind of feel like it was 115. Either way, I'll probably get him. I'm at 11.4K gold at this point.
  • Options
    Well... at gold level 1, Diaz numbers are 134/106/91
  • Options
    What's the overall at that point?
  • Options
     I saw on Reddit that someone got Diaz, leveled him up to Gold 9, and his numbers are 169/134/115 and 149 overall. That seems low for a 5* SS... so I will just pass.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    But what's his overall at gold level 1? That would help me know how he compares to Bogaerts, because there should only be 2 or 3 points difference between silver level 10 and gold level 1. I too am concerned that he's not that good. Seems like more power but less speed than Bogaerts and maybe a few points better hitting. But I might still spend for him if he'll be 115 or better overall at silver level 10.
  • Options
    Overall at Gold, tier 1, is 117 @Ace1234NY.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So probably 115 at silver level 10. Which is where my 5 star Lucroy and Kinsler are. I'd take 115. And they probably won't do a SS at tier 5 for a while after this. 4 points overall better than Bogaerts. I won't have trouble getting next week's 5 star, so I'll probably go for it. Besides, I could use the exp from buying picks.
  • Options
    I won't have the gold to get it... just not possible to earn 3k in 2 days.
  • Options
    I always do...But you may not do so much ad playing lol.
  • Options
    If I can get to 10k before the event ends... I'll get Diaz. But, I don't think it will happen