Options

Advancing to Gold division before upgrades and players are maxed out?

billsacknoodlebillsacknoodle Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Can anyone offer some advice on when to advance to the next divisions? 

Im currently in the silver tier one win away from advancing to gold but my upgrades and players are not maxed out yet. Most of my opponents are in the gold tier and I have been saving gold for players once I'm in gold.

Is there any actual advantage to not leveling up to gold at this point?

Comments

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Going from Silver to Gold was a MAJOR mistake for me. My team was good enough to advance... but apparently not good enough to win at the gold level. I lose FAR more than I win now.

The players are better because now your #1 picks are gold level players... but the teams you face are mid-high gold level teams, with platinum level teams mixed in. If it were me... I'd max everything out, AND have a few grand in gold, and as much cash as I could save before I leveled up to Gold. When you do level up... evo those players and be prepared to skill them up to compete.
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Was wondering, did you find it hard evolving your whole team when you reached gold? I'm getting close now, and I only have 22 evo tokens. I heard it takes 10 to take a player from silver to gold. There's just so few ways to get evo. Basically the 25 you get from being promoted to gold + whatever you get in club rewards. To take all 19 of your players to gold from silver would take 190 tokens. I may be lucky to have 50 when I hit gold at this rate. Of course, Glu conspicuously doesn't offer the improvement box during fan rewards...Did you have to spend a lot to get your players to gold?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It is 10 to evo a player. I was able to evo 6 players, that's it. I made the mistake of leveling up before my players were all capped. My upgrades were maxed, but I didn't account for needing a TON of cash to upgrade again.

I'd wait until you have at LEAST 50 evo tokens... so you can evo some guys. 100 tokens would be nice,,, and enough to evo the whole team is optimal. BUT... know this too... if the players aren't 4.5 or 5 star players.... you shouldn't bother evo'ing them because the gold level players will have better numbers than them. Whenever I get #1 picks now... more time than not they have more power or hitting numbers than my current 4*, or 4.5* players, and the game swaps them out. I end up putting them back the way they were, and just feeding the player back to the game so I can keep leveling up my silver 4/4.5* players.

Ace1234NY said:
    Was wondering, did you find it hard evolving your whole team when you reached gold? I'm getting close now, and I only have 22 evo tokens. I heard it takes 10 to take a player from silver to gold. There's just so few ways to get evo. Basically the 25 you get from being promoted to gold + whatever you get in club rewards. To take all 19 of your players to gold from silver would take 190 tokens. I may be lucky to have 50 when I hit gold at this rate. Of course, Glu conspicuously doesn't offer the improvement box during fan rewards...Did you have to spend a lot to get your players to gold?

• Options
    P.S. @Ace1234NY ... I bought the stadium upgrade for daily gold. And... I was using all the free gold I was getting from video ads ONLY during the week to try and level up my stadium. I finally got it to level 4, but realized I was missing out on weekend players just to get 10 more gold per-day. To go from stadium level 4 to level 5, I have to spend 40k in gold on non-special event days.

I just figure that I am going to take a break from the stadium for a while to focus on these weekend event players. I have 5k in gold this week from video ads... which means it would take me 8 weeks to get to level 5... and that simply isn't worth it when I will be missing out on a LOT of pitchers and position players that could potentially be upgrades over the weekend event.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, my team is ONLY 4.5 and 5 star players at this point (except for a 4 star long reliever), so I was pretty much planning to take everyone or close to it. I might have an idea though...Say, how much evo do you get for each club level up in gold?

5K...8 weeks? It doesn't cost 40K for tier 5 at gold?! It's 10,400 at silver tier. Surely you are mistaken?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Stadium upgrades.... the daily gold. To go from tier 2-3 was maybe 10k; 3-4 was 20k, and 4-5 IS 40k. That means... at this rate... 5-6 will be 80k if you follow the structure of it doubling at each level. At 5k free gold per week (which seems to be my personal max), it would take 8 weeks to hit 40k. 5*8=40.

My team is ALL 4.5 or 5* players. I only have I think 4 5* players... maybe 5... but I think it is 4. I don't bother with mystery boxes and these POTW/M gimmicks... you blow through gold to try for the player, don't get them more often than not, then when you finally do... they are only good for a short time. I exclusively get the 5x #1 picks.

OH... and it costs 100 gold, AND 10 evo coins to go from silver to gold for a player. SO... your gold goes there too.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ohhhh...gotcha. Thought u meant fan rewards level 5. I will say, most boxes are junk, but in my personal experience, with the POTW box you'll probably easily get at least the lower overall player. After the week is over, they remain 5 star, but at least for the lower overall player, his numbers are equal to a typical 4.5 star player. Still not bad...
  • Options
    My gameplan is to get the 5x #1 picks because you get players. Players = EXP. Mystery boxes... the FEW times I've got them... they've been cash, or I think I got a franchise coin once. TOTALLY not worth 1,600 in gold.

NOW... if I had all my players capped... then maybe the mystery boxes or improvement boxes would be appealing. BUT... since that is never likely to happen... I don't see me buying them.