Options

Walk off hero

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
The only saving grace for this mode is that it's free, you get fairly decent awards for each level completed and awards after each round. If not for those it'd be just as bad if not worse than the tournaments!

Comments

• Options
    Jetboy47Jetboy47 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    I love it, won the Silver Slugger. Great addition for me.
  • Options
    BRADCUPPBRADCUPP Member 17 Posts
    Love walk off hero. It’s a lot better than slugfest
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong the rewards are good for completing a round and the rewards are good after winning the game and the game is free... awesome... but it's extremely glitchy....the fastball disappears before getting to the plate...or when I tap the screen the swing is delayed by a half second and it seems as if hitting is severely handicapped. It's better than the tournaments by a long shot and it's better than the derby....but why develop a new mode so late in the game.... I wish would develop the season more... I think that is still the best mode with the most potential!
  • Options
    AZNSWAGAZNSWAG Member 2 Posts
    Best game mode ever!! Very tough & challenging with plenty of rewards.. I feel like it could be a game on its own in an alternative reality.. ( & it's never too late to add new concepts & ideas into the game),. even tho I just discovered this game 2 months ago... it's awesome!! 
  • Options
    Yes it is especially when nothing transfers over to 2018 version.. especially when they will that very mode in the next year's edition... should've waited until then to unroll the new mode... it's just a last ditch effort to grab your cash with the $20 walk off heros which like I said won't transfer over to the new edition. Oh and by the way the walk off heros original price is $175...so think about it for awhile.. the mode is okay but the season mode needs to be developed more it could drive the game 
  • Options
    blueskiesblueskies Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Crazy ass sliders on the black over and over again with 3-0 count and bases loaded. Seriously it's complete bullshit.
  • Options
    CRUSHCITYHOFCRUSHCITYHOF Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    I like it because you may be facing, for example, a 184 Clayton Kershaw in a particular round, and although unlikely, still have a chance to win with a 116 Josh Reddick. It happens.

However, the tears of joy for me come when I only manage to tie and go to the next inning down a run only to hit back to back jacks to win.
  • Options
    genmills23genmills23 Member 26 Posts
    Kimbrel was dirty yesterday
  • Options
    The hitters are still handicapped pretty badly. When I have a Reggie Jackson gold tier leveled to 5 with the special skill set leveled to 8 his hitting is 254 and going against a pitcher that is in the 150's stuff and he hits three weak comebackers to the mound there is something bad wrong here Bobby!  But he's not the only all my hitters hitting outranks all the pitchers pitching stuff by at least 80 to 100-150 points but yet line drives to infielders that you never see the infielder make that play in any other mode weak bloops into the outfield where the outfield is always playing in and then when you hit it over their heads they run back and do that stupid one handed catch. I mean in the other modes pitchers with bad location always throws in the dirt there is horrible pitching going on in those modes but pitchers with 50 to 60 location are pitching like a pitcher with 200 location in the walk off mode... might as well forget the curveball from a rhp to a right handed hitter there is no way a pitcher with a 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, even 110 location can locate a breaking pitch so many times in a row without hitting a batter or throwing it away....hitters are handicapped unless you spend money on the $20 walk off heros. Why can't there be consistency through out the whole game. Oh and by the way the walk off mode is extremely glitchy. A lot times the fast ball disappears before it gets to the plate or when you swing....poof! Glu Harry Houdinied the ball. You all pay (I don't buy crap from these coyote thieves here at Glu) premium prices for a third rate game
  • Options
    scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I love this event. I just wish they'd add some club donation ability to it. Gotta give GLU their due, between this and season mode, they recently added two free ways to get rewarded. 
  • Options
    Agreed, very nice additions. They made the final game a little more difficult being down 5 runs with 2 men on, where the first few games was 5 runs down with 3 men on base.
  • Options
    Legend Ted Williams would be sweet to win on Monday.