Options

Grand Slam Bonus for Walk Off Hero

YOSHI2017YOSHI2017 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
Walk Off Hero is by far my favorite event. I think the addition of a bonus for grand slams would be a welcome addition to this widely popular event. Extra points could be awarded for hitting a walk Off grand slam. In addition to the extra points to be gained, the true gain would be given to the player. The player would be afforded an opportunity to benefit from strategizing and applying their skills to the game. FOR EXAMPLE - You step up to the plate with runners on second and third down by one. The count we all know is 3-0 and in a perfect world (lol) no outs. Now based on your slugger, opposing pitcher, personal skills and your own level of confidence you have a descision to make. Are you satisfied with simply driving in the run from third and winning the round? -OR- Do you work yourself a walk to load the bases and give yourself three plate appearances to try and hit it out and Walk Off as a Hero and earn yourself some well deserved extra points for your efforts? After all the grand slam is the super daddy of all Walk Offs. GLU please consider the idea. I think it would make a great event even greater!!

Comments

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Walk off hero was my favorite event in 2017. For some reason there is a handicap in place. I can't hit with a 130 overall batter against someone in the low 70's. Still fun, but not sure what's going on. I'm in love with slugfest right now and hated it in 2017, go figure lol
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I love Mondays... but I am in the same boat. got 8 of my guys over 115, 4 over over 125 and still cant beat level 3. Still love it tho.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Levels 3 & 4 are much harder than level 5. All I saw on level 5 were fastballs that were too easy to hit.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts

Walk off hero was my favorite event in 2017. For some reason there is a handicap in place. I can't hit with a 130 overall batter against someone in the low 70's. Still fun, but not sure what's going on. I'm in love with slugfest right now and hated it in 2017, go figure lol

i am having the same issues. my top guys in the 110's struggling with 75 rated players.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

I love Mondays... but I am in the same boat. got 8 of my guys over 115, 4 over over 125 and still cant beat level 3. Still love it tho.

The rewards make it worth the pain. I know i am not going to beat it so i just play for the prizes for winning a game;
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Sneezy did you beat it last year?