Options

Match up question?

JFalls0705JFalls0705 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
How come i'm in the bottom silver level but continue to get matched up with guys that are in gold and above?

Comments

• Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Are you matched with people close to your team strength? Some people stay in lower level until they max out so the events are easier. I believe that you are matched up with people around your strength not tier.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    Not really... My team strength is 33000-35000 depending on who is pitching usually. I'm getting matched with gold teams that are 40000-42000 team strength and i wouldn't say that's necessarily "Close"
  • Options
    ouch. let me do some digging online and see if i can find out some information
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    They want you to progress this year. I tried staying bronze but once I played 500 games members in my club noticed we couldn't win / streak anymore on weekends and bonus games Thursday were awful. We agreed to move to silver after the weekend and starting streaking again in silver. 
  • Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Is this really something that can be "known" at this point?  Glu wants gamers to progress their teams?  This is a question where it might be great to start a survey.  Perhaps even Glu could tell our gaming community outright the mean, median, mode, and range of teams, strengths, etc...  
    Keep it team related so it would be easiest to follow because Clubs are a mess.  

Glu community, it's very impressive to have so many gamers involved in a game experience.  Have a look at the other forums and see how many posts are about money lost or untimely app crashes.  This Forum is some of that, along with quite a bit of anticipation and hunger for more TSB.  Lol.
  • Options
    Ferrenoidkind83Ferrenoidkind83 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    We are in the same situation in our club. We tried to stay in Bronze to let the rest of the club catch up to our level but suddenly the upper and lower teams are finding it difficult to get any streaks going at all. We are contemplating dumping our helmets, baseballs and gloves to level up but are afraid to miss out on the silver level rewards we would be due. We are somewhere around 16,000 helmets, 35,000 baseballs and 30,000 gloves. Anyone have any advice?
  • Options
    This isn't even a streaking issue or even "tanking" though... I literally have only been in silver for about 20 games played though, and i have to win 25 games. It isn't even POSSIBLE for me to move up to gold yet. So i don't get all the "Glu wants you to advance"... i get that, but i don't get it when i haven't been in silver long enough to even move to gold.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Whats is your team strength Jfalls?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    33000/35000 depending on who is pitching usually... and i'm getting matched with guys that are in the 38000-40000 range.
  • Options
    Not sure but from what it sounds like you haven't been in silver long enough to be playing teams that much higher than you. It could be that your club level rating is high and that's why they rank you with better teams. That's just a speculation though. Did you cross the 1500 games played mark?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Not yet... i'm around about 1400
  • Options
    sammyafsammyaf Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    My team is silver 2, at 35k strength. Main batting upgrades at 40. I can get a 20 game streak on Tuesdays. I have 4 good pitchers though.
  • Options
    sammyafsammyaf Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I am not getting matched with higher clubs usually around 29k
  • Options
    Yea I don't know how there match ups are being computed. I only know that once you hit a certain games played that they almost force you to level up because they match you against higher teams. That said, I dont know Jfalls. Is your club rating high? Maybe that has something to do with it as well.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    UKBLUEJAY20UKBLUEJAY20 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Personally wish I hadn’t levelled up to Gold as I now cannot win any games normal or daily competition...really taken the fun out of it for me. Also club level is Gold...
  • Options
    Rlockout2018Rlockout2018 Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I know I'm gold and I play against silver but most of the time it's because a game ends and that person starts a new one with me. I've also noticed that I play the same people a lot if I start a game and tell them to match me most of the time it's against someone I've already played regardless of mine or there level.

I believe they try to keep it close but if No one in your level is playing maybe they go up I don't know.
  • Options
    Yea I notice that as well. I wish I stayed silver like all my club members. You can save up alot more XP until you need to make the jump. Trying to cap guys in gold will take forever. Very expensive and evo and gold is also pricey.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    My club is gold level 8 and I am silver level 6, team strength of about 3700 and a 4.5 star rating and I do fairly well in most events, almost always top 5 contributor in my club. I don't know if i should go gold or wait till i max out everything first.
  • Options

My club is gold level 8 and I am silver level 6, team strength of about 3700 and a 4.5 star rating and I do fairly well in most events, almost always top 5 contributor in my club. I don't know if i should go gold or wait till i max out everything first.

Get your team as strong as possible because once you make that jump you cannot go back. Better safe than sorry. I have playoffs pending to level up to gold for days now. Not even considering doing them for a few more weeks until my team is built up enough
  • Options

We are in the same situation in our club. We tried to stay in Bronze to let the rest of the club catch up to our level but suddenly the upper and lower teams are finding it difficult to get any streaks going at all. We are contemplating dumping our helmets, baseballs and gloves to level up but are afraid to miss out on the silver level rewards we would be due. We are somewhere around 16,000 helmets, 35,000 baseballs and 30,000 gloves. Anyone have any advice?

My club also is like this. We are bronze but so spread out with team strength. We are trying to tighten up the gaps between team strengths before moving on. SOme teams are 20-25k weaker than others.