Options

Utility Players

ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
Presently, an Outfielder can be assigned Left, Center or Right; however, Infielders are fixed as to which base position they cover. I’ve seen this year alone, where do to injury or other reasoning, players are being shuffled all over the field. Yes, the SF Giants come to mind; although, they are not the only team to have multi-functionality as roster placement.
My best guess is when a pinch hitter or runner is replacing someone, they assumingly are also playing the position defensively thus Substitutions are limited as to whom can be switch off the bench, but more so during later innings. The addition of my fantasy Legends creation is either 3rd basemen or Designated hitter, wonderful. Having drafted both Fraiser and Gallo, both sluggers, bumping Gallo out to Left was a Rangers opportunity. Giants have Belt in Left, Sandavol on 1st.
I realize that each season Tap Baseball has matured with more features. As manager, lineups are not truly customizable nor can everyday players be just put wherever best suits having the best hitters and runners offensively in the Active roster (besides any Event related bonuses).
Please consider adding a wildcard position # to draft players that have exhibited flexibility of placement. Perhaps similar to the recent Brandon Belt reward.
~ Andrew
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
TSB19 - SF bay Area