Options

Prime draft picks now available

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Prime 500 gold draft picks are now in the store. I would highly suggest going with those versus POW or POM boxes. 1/3 to 1/2 the price with the same odds.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I couldn’t see the odds 
  • Options
    With odds I mean luck of the draw. For the price I would get one of those over POW or POM. Got 4 already and pulled two 5 stars and some 4.5 stars. Traded them in already. Gotta get back to watching more videoa now 😎

• Options
    Nice. The odds are showing now and about what I expected. 2.5% chance if a prime and 7.5% of a 5-star player. At least that is what is listed. Crazy that it looks like it is only for tonight
  • Options
    I’m not buying one. Since they start at bronze 1 and I’m not a VIP, I have no prime XP (I’m working on prime Strasburg and just got him to gold 1 after 2.5 weeks), I couldn’t do anything with a prime player at bronze 1 right now 
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan how much prime xp is needed for gold 1 to gold 2? Also I guess I never bothered to look into odds for draft picks. Where do you see these odds?

• Options
    It takes 4800 prime XP to go from gold 1 to gold 2. Getting to be too expensive. No sense in going for a prime who would be stuck in bronze/silver for a long time 
  • Options
    doomsdayd18doomsdayd18 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I bought 5.  Only good pick was 5* Giles.  Now my bullpen is all 5 *.  Guess not a total loss
  • Options
    Oops. Srry.  I still 4 1/2 * knebel.  His stats are crazy for a 4 1/2
  • Options
    Thanks. Are you on IOS by any chance? Don't see it on Android so it may be IOS only. And you are right about the cost. I am not even gold yet and I am already stressing about saving enough for platinum once I go gold.

• Options
    Yes I am on IOS. I can see the odds for boxes and for draft picks too. Send me a DM if you ever want to see the odds 
  • Options
    Will do thanks. Now I feel snubbed by GLU programmers for not including the option for the Android version 😎

• Options
    superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Seeing odds would be nice. How long have you had that ability?
  • Options
    Since 2018 cane out for me in the US
  • Options
    Feel like we need to know the terms before we enter into them like a credit card application. Lol
  • Options
    Most prime boxes give you a 3% chance of getting a prime. 

Most weekend boxes give you a 2.5% chance of getting a super bonus player

prime draft picks are 2.5% or getting a prime. 

#1 draft picks are a 2.5% chance if a 5-star player

thats all I know off the top of my head. 

• Options
    Breakdowns look like this
  • Options
    Wow, that is extremely important information. Thanks for sharing time to head over and bug glu to update android app now. Maybe it is an android bug or something. Any ideas on where to report this?
  • Options
    No real idea except for asking about it in the app or the suggestion box here. In the meantime, if you want the odds, let me know. The player on the month box has a 39% chance of getting one and the player of the week is a 50% chance of getting one. 
  • Options
    Really, i should have been doing that all along. I wondered why so many were getting pow players, grrr.
  • Options
    Yep that 50/50 chance is decent, especially depending on what they drop to after the week
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So how does POW/POM work? Do you start at the level your team is at? For instance your team is gold and your POW starts at G1? Or do they start at B1? And then what happens after the week is done? Do they drop down a passed the level you brought them up to? I have seen somewhere somebody say a POW/POM after the reduction is still slightly better than a 5 star player from a #1 draft pick.
  • Options
    They all start at bronze 1 just like every other player in this cursed game. They start with boosted stats. Max overall around 370-395. After one week they drop to a max of 260-295. So their stats plummet. They stay at the level where you had them, (gold 10 stays at gold 10, their ratings just go down)
  • Options
    Wow, I noticed when you buy extra slugger's during that event they come in at your level of your team. So at gold level how can you even pay up to the temporary boosted max, seems a bit silly to even have that if we start at B1. I think now we are at that point that GLU will have to seriously consider if this is the best approach as players are hitting the wall here. I can only see this working if we can keep our teams from year to year, otherwise why even get out of silver level or even pay to upgrade.
  • Options
    I haven’t seen a pig fly today........
  • Options
    I saw that pig.   Had a studder glitch during slugger on last level.  Cost me a lot more gold to complete it because of it. I complained to customer support and was rewarded my gold back that I spent.   Idk about anyone else but it seems the problems I have had this year are being solved a lot faster and more often than years before