Options

Players going up in tiers too quickly

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Please note: I posted this a few days ago and went back to edit something and it was flagged for review. My apologies if the original one gets posted as well

I have seen a trend lately where a certain player goes up in tiers too soon and does not have the necessary resources to level up their players to be consistent with the tier they are on. The image below would be a good example where the player on the right is Platinum level 2 and their overall team strength is only 19 points higher than a Silver level 6 team and their slugging points is almost 4,000 points less (Team names have been removed on purpose).

I am not sure what benefit you would have of being a Platinum tier team if your team strength is that low. Most gold teams that are maxed would take you easily and the silver teams would give you a good run for your money. Now granted the Platinum team in question could have some bonus players for an event on the roster with their better players on inactive which would lower their overall team strength but it wouldn't change by that much. It made sense in previous versions to go up in tiers faster as you would get better draft & box picks in your tier but does it make sense to be in such a hurry with all bronze picks now?

I welcome your thoughts on the matter.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Some people just don’t understand I guess. Higher isn’t always better. I learned this the hard way in 2016. I’m very glad that tournament days are gone as an event because those always used your division games. 
  • Options
    I made the same mistake myself back in 2017 as far as sluggers are concerned. Went Platinum and while my regular roster was good enough and a contender I could not cycle Slugfest any longer and could barley get past level 3.

• Options
    elksteakselksteaks Registered Users 27 Posts
    There is something a little whacky with team strength. If I look at the teams in my club one of the teams shows 65k strength, but if I view their profile it shows their strength at 55k? Not sure why that would happen.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I believe when someone looks at your team strength it shows it without your cash upgrades. 
  • Options
    Another example. And some of these people have played 17 so they are familiar with tiers but still jump so fast. Make no sense.

• Options
    scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Part of the reasoning for me at least to tier up was getting extra draft picks and gold.  It worked well til gold tier where I was way behind. I was in a pretty middling club and got kinda bored I guess so I tiered up way to fast.   Unfortunately, I didnt get on the forum til i made the jumo . Prob going to be gold til all star weekend just playing catch-up .