Options

VIP gift

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
anyone else a little bummed with the VIP gift this month?  Here is what I got

10 bonus games- I have 946 now so these were worthless
5-star Judge at 284 max 3 times- my weakest outfielder is 325 max so this was also worthless
10,000 XP- 50,000 less than last month’s gift

this feels like this week’s walk-off being a 264 max player after having primes as the players to win
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    It was rather weak as far as the xp goes compared to previous ones. Was hoping for something more but oh well. I guess it is what it is.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    was hoping for more prime xp
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Congrats on the VIP @Bigpredfan ! When did you get it?
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Just last Saturday actually!
  • Options

Just last Saturday actually!

Amazing! You deserve it my friend, you’re always helping prople over here! I have another question for you actually, did you win in the Free Stuff Friday last week? I think I saw your name haha

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Bigpredfan, 'grats on the VIP status! You guys are so much more civil than facebook. LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I am excited to see what players other than Mantle the have secured the rights to as they mentioned in the newsletter. Is there a shoeless joe or babe in there somewhere perhaps?

• Options
    @Houmy , I was shown the VIP newsletter and just want to say CONGRATS! I saw that you are VIP of the month.
  • Options
    @DFBB thanks buddy. I was excited to have been selected. 

• Options
    DFBB said:

@Houmy , I was shown the VIP newsletter and just want to say CONGRATS! I saw that you are VIP of the month.

Congrats on that @Houmy, I didn’t know but you really deserve it!
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Congrats on that @Houmy, I didn’t know but you really deserve it!

I agree well deserved. Always willing to help others and give advice.
  • Options
    Thanks to @rmouse511 for showing me! :)
  • Options
    @houmy everyone is correct it was well deserved for sure

@ExposMontreal and @DFBB I appreciate it gentlemen. And yes I won free stuff Friday sometime recently. I think 2 weeks ago. 
  • Options
    The only way this VIP gift could be worse is if........

Prime Judge was the walk-off hero reward this week!

400,405 last week. Prime Judge is 410..........

im just hopeful for a lefty
  • Options
    Also, those of you with the newsletter. Make sure you don’t skip the club vs club part. You can give them feedback for 40,000 normal XP I believe 
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the congrats. Much appreciated. 

• Options
    I ain't going lie. All this VIP talk has me a little jelly. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    DFBB said:

I ain't going lie. All this VIP talk has me a little jelly. :)

I was about to say the same thing :D
  • Options
    =D
  • Options
    I am just sad that @Bigpredfan 1st VIP reward wasn't what he expected. At 1st I thought they forgot to ad a zero to that prime XP.

• Options
    Same @houmy. Then I saw the newsletter
  • Options
    Chin up buddy. Maybe the next one will be epic. I was kinda bummed myself as well thinking vip of the month will get something more but it wasn't to be I guess.

• Options
    Its ok. They were cool and gave me the June gift Monday. I wasn’t expecting that so I’ll just have to count that as this month’s gift!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The newsletter did mention something about them working on what players have been wanting for years. Hopefully it's you bringing your team to the next release? 

• Options
    a pitcher version of ruth aye lol
  • Options
    I did get a gift from them a few days ago though so yes go ahead and be super jealous 

• Options
    Houmy said:
    I did get a gift from them a few days ago though so yes go ahead and be super jealous 

Well that’s another reason I want to be VIP
  • Options
    That’s probably just for being VIP of the month. I don’t have this gift even though it is awesome!
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I had a guy in my club get the hat and shirt as well. Not sure if they send them to all VIP’s though.
  • Options
    But all jokes aside what we should all realise is that GLU is in the business of making money for their investors as it is a business after all. Whatever changes they make or structure they set up is geared up towards that purpose and while some of us may disagree with those changes, they are what they are.

If they were not successful in making money they could not offer what they already do. Licensing all these players costs a good chunk of $$$ so they have to structure the app so that they can do this and still show a profit after all other expenses are taken care of. Long gone are the days of us just paying $5 or $10 to unlock a full version of an app and this is the norm for most apps now and most of us know it. Would I like better odds than 2.5% when buying a Prime or Legend box? Sure but then everybody would get them and stop spending money which means the game could not get supported as well as it does (all glitches and such aside).

I downloaded this version being fully aware of how much I spent on it in 2017 and knowing that I would probably spend as much, if not more, this year. Some see it as a money grab and wasted investment but if you have played previous versions then you can't honestly say that as you know in advance what to expect. There had been talks on different social media platforms of boycotts and such and I never took part in those discussions as I would get a lot of hateful replies to my comments because most don't want to consider the fact that GLU needs to make money in order to offer us a better game.

Even their CEO, Nick Earl, mentioned TSB 18 in their 1st quarter release report/conference attributing this app to their good earnings. Just keep in mind that if GLU wasn't making money off of this game then they couldn't license all the players that we love to get so the Mickey Mantle Legend they have teased us with could be called "Mighty Mantis" just like some old unlicensed platform games that those of us that are old enough used to play. Now how fun would that be?

Also some have been unhappy with all the glitches and things that were clearly GLU's fault. In my experience GLU has always taken care of me when I brought these to their attention and there are so many instances of them making it up to me that I have never shared as honestly I knew it would flood them with requests, some valid and others not as much, for the same treatment and eventually leading to negative comments about them. Again some of the comments could be valid and some not as much.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share my opinion/position on the matter and for those that may think I am saying all this just because GLU made me vip of the month then please note that it only meant a mention in the newsletter with no special gifts and the honorary status will be forgotten in a couple of days. They did offer me a chance of going to a VIP focus group on their dime in October though so obviously they do care about improving the game based on user inputs. Now whether I get picked for it or not is anybody's guess.

Sincerely,

Had-my-15-minutes-of-fame