Options

legend relievers

ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
question for you top dogs: Have you found in the past saving for a legend reliever like Rollie or Gagne (regular or signature) is worth the gold you spent in fan rewards? I don't mean winning these dudes in walk off, but actually dropping the 25K for them.

I know they are good players but damn, to get maybe an inning or two out of them.....3-6 strikeouts. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It would be an easy pass for me.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Yeah, I wouldn't drop 25k on a reliever. When you're talking that amount of gold, you better be getting an elite hitter or an ace starting pitcher.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @ameeshcubbie as you said it yourself it's tough justifying spending that much gold for a player that would play 1 or 2 innings. I'd rather just get them from woh if they ever come around this year. I think Rollie was the only reliever offered last year but woh did start late in the season though so we may see more of them this year.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    figured as much. thanks guys!
  • Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I disagree a little bit, depends on where your at I found that last year before I had a full prime/legend rotation, Prime Kenta Maeda pitched a ton of innings at an ERA of 0.4 Once I had Nolan ryan and fergie jenkins they pitched complete games so he didn't get as much use.