Options

Non force runner going home

parma26parma26 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Why does a runner on 3rd run home when it’s a grounder hit back to the pitcher? This isn’t a force play, yet he runs home every time. 
Please tell me why.
This is a horrible play, especially for a game officially licensed by the MLB. This runner should NEVER run home in that situation...NEVER! 

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    It's one of those annoying plays, but in all honesty it helps me most of the time. Sometimes I have one out with the based loaded and I hit a tapper back to the mound, and instead of turning the double play, they take the out at home and give me an extra life.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It just prolongs the inevitable for me lol... but yes it should never happen, just like the only time runners advance on a deep fly out is to tie the game, not win it. Anyway, i guess that is accounted for when you start 3-0 with the pitch count.

I will win this thing one day. Today would be a good day for it.... hehe
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It stinks and like a few other things, makes very little sense. That said, it's part of the game and we have no choice but to adjust accordingly.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Exactly!!!! Its not a squeeze play but the guy at 3rd always runs home for the easy out! And when you actually want him to go, he never EVER will! Just silly. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".