Options

Off speed in Walk off hero

Dr_MccuskDr_Mccusk Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
does anyone have any tips as to how to hit these? I steamroll to round 5 level 8-9-10 but cannot hit any of their off speed stuff. The problem is you cannot even wait for a fastball because if they throw off speed that whole at bat is off speed. Just wondering if anyone has tips on when to swing or something to give me any chance to hit an off speed. Most of the time I swing and miss. 

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I find that when I take an offspeed pitch, the next pitch is often a fastball in the same location.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    In my experience it's either 3 straight sliders, or a slider then something straight inside that I just pop up. I've hit a looping curve ball a few times but from those top guys it feels like if you had an ironing board you wouldn't hit it. Still try to hit whatever is pitched with two strikes, especially with runners on base, I don't know how many times I've hit a ball to the right side and moved runners up just to win with a hit the very next pitch. The good news is usually the opposite is true too, if the first pitch is a fastball, usually the next pitch is straight (once in a while a changeup to throw off your timing).
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It's been my experience that guys with high power do better vs the soft tossers(hendricks/olson/maeda/etc.).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I had same prob with last pitcher. As soon as I get something going I got all off speed pitches. I try to foul them off but it ends up pop straight up or miss and strikeout 
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I cant hit the looping curve balls. Does anyone have a tip on hitting those? Yesterday got to level 5 round 10 but could get from a 5-0 to 5-3 and 2 on base but rest of pitches looping curves and couldn't touch them.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Curve balls generally you cant do anything. I know some guys that can hit them with success but it doesn't work me. I usually don't swing at any curves until the last pitch and just try and put it into the OF, chance for a drop. Thats all you can really do. I got so sick on getting stuck on Krimbell for 5 hours that once I beat him I kept restarting on Schwezer till I beat him. Took about 2k in gold but worth the return. Any tips for you guys...if you get all curve balls for 3 outs then suck it up and try again...It wasn't meant to be that time. Suck but it happens a lot. I had about 4 or 5 restarts that ended in about 1min with 3 quick outs. You def need some luck and good pitch selection to beat the last guy. My best lefty (prime yelich) could not even beat krimbell yesterday with a boost. Go figure, some hitters just do better against certain pitchers is what I find. I used 2 righties yesterday against the last 2 pitchers. Took some gold, time and frustration but it is very doable.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Walk off being my favorite of all, I always go to round 10 with confidence of winning. Even when I'm 1 or 2 out. Just dont panic etc, trust in ur hitter. You may have to restart level 5 round 10 again but keep in mind what u learned from the lost round.  I always let the first batter get to 3-2 count either by not swinging at all or by fouling the balls while listening to the bat sounds of dink or smash.  Had I hit the dinks I would have def been out. So i get the dinks out of the way so to release the smash for ur batter to get hits. Lol some of you might be thinking what non sense but hey that's just what I believe in and my 2 cents.
    To put urself in the best position use the boosted potw unless you have a lefty capped at similar strength if gold level also use 80 gold boost. My potw cap players are at 249 but I used lefty Edmonds 241 boosted to 300 via 80 gold.
    But last week I boosed potw righty bregmen capped at 246 with 80 boost to cycle 5 times. 
    Good luck man!
  • Options
    YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Sorry last thing, if you can't get past round 10 then I would suggest to stop spending gold on restart and work on investing and boosting your hitter's strenght.
  • Options
    Dr_MccuskDr_Mccusk Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Last week I eventually won and got the judge card. I have prime Stanton. He had a 6 run rally with 2 outs finish with a 2 run walk off. Literally threw my hands in the air when I won lmfaooooo. Even with fully maxed Prime gold Stanton and a fully maxed all star gold judge it's still nearly impossible to hit these off speed pitches. They need to be hittable. This is crazy if it's always just impossible to hit off speed lol