Options

Slugfest help

Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

Any tips on getting my slugfest team good enough to cycle? I was dumb and didn’t really care about slugfest when they gave out 5*. I probably need to drop a good amount of gold to get them decent right?
Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
"Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter

Comments

• Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    As I progressed I stopped completely levelling sluggers.  Can’t afford to do both sluggers and regular line up.  Am at diamond and kinda wish I would have so I could get that prime xp.  Just going to have time pump xp there like crazy is what I’d say. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Yankees917182 I don't want to discourage you but I am not sure if you are not past the point of it being too late to improve your sluggers. Every week when they give out a stronger slugger it just means that the top guys in level 6 get stronger as well. And once they add the 7th level with legends it will be near impossible with your current roster. Again I do not mean to be negative and just want you to have all the facts before you spend any gold in hopes of getting better sluggers. Your best option, in my opinion, is to keep playing season modes and seeing if you get any 5 stars from the end of season rewards.

I was in your situation in 2017 where I couldn't even get past level 3 once I went from gold to platinum. Back then it was different though as new draft picks were at your level and I didn't really care to cycle slugfest too many times for the prime/legend XPs.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Have to pump xp that is 
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    @Yankees917182 I don't want to discourage you but I am not sure if you are not past the point of it being too late to improve your sluggers. Every week when they give out a stronger slugger it just means that the top guys in level 6 get stronger as well. And once they add the 7th level with legends it will be near impossible with your current roster. Again I do not mean to be negative and just want you to have all the facts before you spend any gold in hopes of getting better sluggers. Your best option, in my opinion, is to keep playing season modes and seeing if you get any 5 stars from the end of season rewards. I was in your situation in 2017 where I couldn't even get past level 3 once I went from gold to platinum. Back then it was different though as new draft picks were at your level and I didn't really care to cycle slugfest too many times for the prime/legend XPs.
    Yeah that’s kinda what I figured. Well I guess you live and learn huh? Next year I won’t make the same mistake lol.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    edited July 2018

Any tips on getting my slugfest team good enough to cycle? I was dumb and didn’t really care about slugfest when they gave out 5*. I probably need to drop a good amount of gold to get them decent right?

Is your team silver? If so, then I think you can definitely cycle. Just don't miss...and you should be okay.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options

Is your team silver? If so, then I think you can definitely cycle. Just don't miss...and you should be okay.
    Yeah I’m in Silver. I can make it to level 5 but anything past round 5 of level becomes incredibly tough. Probably need to spend a decent amount on boosts to cycle right?
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

Yeah I’m in Silver. I can make it to level 5 but anything past round 5 of level becomes incredibly tough. Probably need to spend a decent amount on boosts to cycle right?

I'm silver I have one top slugger at 137 and 4 at 134 and slightly lower to the bottom. I can get to stage 8 on level 6. I would hope I would be able to do it with your squad and a little bit of luck.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

In my experience, if you hit 10/10 you will have a good shot at beating anyone. Make sure you are timing your swing right to hit long homeruns through second or short. If you pull the ball down the line, you will not get enough distance to be competitive. I absolutely believe your squad of sluggers can cycle.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options

In my experience, if you hit 10/10 you will have a good shot at beating anyone. Make sure you are timing your swing right to hit long homeruns through second or short. If you pull the ball down the line, you will not get enough distance to be competitive. I absolutely believe your squad of sluggers can cycle.
    I think I have to work on my timing more. I’ll have a good streak but then I either pull them down the line or hit dead center
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Like @LonzoBallin stated about hitting through second and short. There are staircases in left-center and right-Center. If you can get your mind to draw an imaginary line from your point of contact to those staircases you will be putting up some good distances.

Once you get that rolling, they sub in Greg Maddux as your derby pitcher. 

• Options
    bashof5bashof5 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I’m in the same situation as you. I’m relatively new player but progressed through game levels to diamond quickly. Unfortunately, I was never able to cycle WOH or slugfest before going from bronze to silver, silver to gold, etc.. I wish I would have shared st lowest level until I could cycle both events routinely and then progressed. Now I cannot get out of level 1 and have no idea what to do.