Options

Walk off Hero Pitcher Schedule

ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
In the Spirit of @DFBB I have taken the liberty to lay this out for anybody that can use it.

I am Silver and this schedule/rotation has held true for a while. I tend to go Righty vs Lefty, vice versa. Look at your hitters and separate them into Lefty, Righty, both. Hitting is the attribute I tend to focus on.

You might have to rotate your lineups for each round to make sure you have enough left handed batters. Hopefully you have enough hitters stock piled and leveled up to challenge these pitchers. Don’t forget about Penant boosting.

Level 1: 5 lefty pitchers; 5 righties
Rd 1 vs R
Rd 2 vs L
Rd 3 vs L
Rd 4 vs R
Rd 5 vs R
Rd 6 vs R
Rd 7 vs R
Rd 8 vs L
Rd 9 vs L
Rd 10 vs L

Level 2: 4 Lefty; 6 Righty
1) vs R. 2)vs L  3)vs R. 4) vs R 5)vsR
6)vs R Tanner Roark—boost, this guy can give me fits
7) vs L. 8) vs L. 9) vs R 10)vs L

Level 3: 3vsL; 7vsR
1vR 2vL 3vR 4vR 5vR 6vL 7vL 8vR 9vR 10vR

Level 4: 2vL; 8vR
Round 3 and 7 are vs Lefties
1,2,4,5,6,8,9,10 vs Righties

Level 5 pretty much vs Righties with a Lefty sprinkled in. Last week (7/23) Round 9 it was Doolittle—but he does a lot.

It’s not easy, but is infuriatingly fun.

Hope this can help somebody.

Good luck & have fun

Comments

• Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    So basically you need at least 2 great lefty’s to beat level 5 round 8-10 ?    They seem to be the biggest problem!!!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not true at all, I have beating lv5; rd 8-10 many times with all right vs right match ups. POMs and POWs. WOH is really dumb luck, if you get the right pitch selection and capitalize its not that bad. But I have gone weeks where it took over 30 or 40 attempts before that happened. Have to be patient and make sure to capitalize when you do.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    And hold a good gold account. Lol.  I also got lucky 2 weeks in a row with potw. But now I’m out of evo so got nobody strong enough to do it.  What you saying is also true , but those player are boosted stats.  Without boosted players I do believe a lefty on your roster will get the better chance. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Your are correct, I usually pulled a POM or POW for this very reason. Now I have 3 425 max hitters on my normal roster so until the next batch of POMs arrive which I am guessing will be 445 max. I have no need for POWs as none of them make my roster after the boost is over. Good point about keeping extra gold, the week that AS Judge came out in WOH it took me about 2k in gold for restart to get him, only because I got stuck on Krim for about 5 hours and once I beat him I told myself I would not look back. Since then, Freeman only took 2 restarts and 80g boost each time. Used my 425max hitter to do it. Right on Right.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited July 2018
    All season I was going into this with only 2 lefty bats in Rizzo and Harper (Normal) I scratched through once with all my best hitters being right handed, then in the last month I’ve acquired Bam Bam (415 max nickname Harper from a weekend box), All Star Markakis (only 355 but an elite 245 hit rating  at gold 10) and won Freeman last week so until I level my Prime Trout I have my last 4 going L,L,L,R it’s kinda funny how your roster changes when you get upgrades.  Now I’m hoping there aren’t two big lefties tomorrow as I’m overloaded on left handers.  On the entry I won it was as if Verlander was pitching me a turbo HR Derby for a while and then he got wild walking in the winning run.  It does at times feel so random what you’re going to face as far as pitch selection goes.
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I got lucky and got Jose altuve all star version with vs right handed pitchers skill . And won Freeman in last week's walk off. With the vs left skill. I also have prime goldy I've had and he is who I used to beat last round with until just this last week when I picked up altuve . Goldy is a vs lefty boost max 400 prime . And he managed . Most I spent on gold restarts was 1k on level 10 when it was mad Max
  • Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Does anyone know how the free restart works? Does it reset in a certain amount of time or is it certain number of games played?
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Thx @Thumbsters for nice effort :smile:
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m working through today and the difficulty is a bit higher 4.10 is now 3 runs down none on, just lost at 5.6 now down 2 instead of 1 etc
  • Options
    AdorableKittensAdorableKittens Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Thank you @Thumbsters for taking the time to write up & post this! I’ve found alternate handed matchups very important to success, esp in this event. Ever since noticing that pitchers stayed the same, I kept a list like this for WOH on a little scrap of paper, updating as I got further. But that valuable list seems to have vanished in my recent move, so you’ve saved me a lot of effort re-creating it. Thanks again!
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    No problem, glad to help.