Options

Bogus Ad — video ??

ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
have you seen this video ad? I just started getting it and not sure what I’m missing.
i tried to get a boost during walk off and this ad won’t leave the screen. It caused me to lose all my progress for the round I was  playing, I was almost done.

Comments

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    I have been getting that occasionally as well. I lost an 80k round in C vs C because of that.
  • Options
    soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    I get that a lot. The close button works for me after 20 seconds though =/ Rarely, the close button won't appear, I call that the hand of death.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It's happening to me a lot as well, thankfully not that often when I'm trying for a restart in CvC etc. But it does happen when gold mining.... usually don't get to "X" it closed and must restart the game
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Me too. Ertain ads lock me up almost everytime. The Dragon game ad locks me up a lot too. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Thumbsters You should be able to click the 'x' at the top right corner and things should be fine. If the 'hand' is in the middle, it's the kiss of death. You have to hit the 'back' option and then close the app. The problem is, when these type of ads happen in a short period of time, it will restart the app and you will lose any progress you've made in cvc/woh/derby.
    I've sent several messages to CS and they haven't exactly been helpful. If I'm to be honest, they seem rather clueless of the issue. It's a known android issue and hopefully, it's addressed in the next update.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Thumbsters You should be able to click the 'x' at the top right corner and things should be fine. If the 'hand' is in the middle, it's the kiss of death. You have to hit the 'back' option and then close the app. The problem is, when these type of ads happen in a short period of time, it will restart the app and you will lose any progress you've made in cvc/woh/derby. I've sent several messages to CS and they haven't exactly been helpful. If I'm to be honest, they seem rather clueless of the issue. It's a known android issue and hopefully, it's addressed in the next update.
    @DFBB I click the “X” nothing happens. The “X” does not have a spinning timer like some other typical ads nor does it brighten up as if to say, “OK, click me now to ‘close’”

The hand can be clicked and there’s a paragraph prompted but it seems to be some kind of third party trying to worm its way into your system, or something. Odd. Peculiar. 

I am on iOS so it might be Android & iOS ???

I first noticed it over the weekend during Prime Event for boost or free game. Restarting wasn’t really a big deal. It got me yesterday during Round 9 of Walk off Hero—forced a restart. Once I lost my progress and had to restart the round, I decided I was done for the day.

Wondering if somebody on this forum knows how to clear the video ad without restarting the game/losing progress??
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Thumbsters It's an android issue. I use my wife's Iphone at times and there are no problems on it.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.