Options

Upgrades for slugfest?

MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
Do upgrades have any effect on slugfest sluggers? Will a trainer upgrade help my sluggers at all? Or just my standard team players? Thanks to anyone who can help.
"If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Good question. I wouldn't think it does but I guess the only way to know for sure is for a GLU developer to chime in.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Check you slugger rating and then upgrade the level and see if your overall slugger rating changes. Im only silver so my upgrades are maxed.

I did just spend some pennants and it did not seem to affect my slugger rating. I am suprised that it didnt because I thought I had the max slugger rating possible for silver (I;ve beat HRD every week and maxed everyone) but I did find someone that was like a hundred points above me. My upgrades are maxed so its not that but something else must affect the rating
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tribeWS18 I would if I could but I am gold and all upgrades maxed already so I can't check. As far as the other team having 100 more slugger strength than you it may have to do with the new expanded roster.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Thats what I thought initially but then I upgraded some of my further down expanded guys and it didnt change the rating. To be very specific, my slugger ratting is 34398 with the 8 maxed primes and then Judge and Trout 5 stars as my 10. DFBB if I look him up, has a rating of 34434. I had my top 16 maxed, I evolved #17 and maxed him and it didnt changed my rating
  • Options
    Thank guys, as soon as i bump it again, ill see what happens to slugger strength. Ill let ya know what i find. Thanks again, brilliant idea.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tribeWS18 said:

Thats what I thought initially but then I upgraded some of my further down expanded guys and it didnt change the rating. To be very specific, my slugger ratting is 34398 with the 8 maxed primes and then Judge and Trout 5 stars as my 10. DFBB if I look him up, has a rating of 34434. I had my top 16 maxed, I evolved #17 and maxed him and it didnt changed my rating

Yeah, only the top 12 sluggers factor into your slugger strength. As far as I know, pennants/team upgrades do NOT effect sluggers. They are, however, highly effective for your regular players!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Turns out upgrading trainer has zero effect on slugger performance for slugfest.
  • Options
    tribeWS18 said:
    I envy your sluggers. And it seems the only way to get better ones is to cycle. Im in such a deep hole that 2019 will be here before i can dig out. My club knows im useless on Wendsdays, and lucky for me they forgive that.