Options

Average team strength for each level

HighwayMan22HighwayMan22 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
I’m a platinum II (Storied) player at 59k TS. I’m curious to see if you guys have different opinions on what you think a good team strength is to reach before the next level and please share all methods & theories. 

Screenname: HighwayMan22 
add me for a game. I play every game regardless if you outrank me or not

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm a 70K strength silver team.  Since you asked, in my opinion 59K is far too low to be Platinum.  I am about at the point where I am close to considering going gold, but I want to accumulate more Prime XP, regular XP, EVO and gold first.  I'm guessing I'll be closer to 75-80K before I move up to Gold.

My method is pretty simple -- take your time moving up, and slugfest team comes first.  The Prime XP rewards earned on Wednesday are far too valuable to use Slugfest as a throwaway event like so many do.  Build your sluggers and be patient with your regular team -- you will have plenty of time for them after you max out your sluggers at Silver.

The biggest keys to success in this game are winning on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Cycling Walkoff and Slugfest is everything, and the more you can do it, the better you get. 

At Bronze and Silver, you can still do enough fixing and building to get your team to that point.  Once you hit Gold and higher, it is too late -- if your team is not already good enough for that level, both regular and Slugfest team, or if you haven't accumulated the necessary resources already to upgrade them to that point, you will constantly be playing a game of catch up that you cannot win without spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Im 72k at Platinum 2 and can get on 35 game winstreaks. The game has a way of matching you up against a fair opponent no matter where you are rated. But ive learn that regular players mean very little in this game when compared to skilled bonus guys.
    They tell us the higher your level, the better your chance of getting good draft picks, but i cant tell if i am or not. I seem to draft average.
    Aside from slugfest, i dont think leveling is harmful if you have access to evo and can regularly win xp to feed the team. 
    Slugfest is a nasty beast that should be addressed first by everyone at all levels. Cause once you fall behind there, its beyond difficult to catch them up.
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m a 72-73k Gold 6 team, You’re a bit low in plat it’s about grinding and hitting on a few box picks here and there.  Then again I’ve seen plats under 45k as well.  I moved to gold too fast myself, my regular team wasn’t too adversely affected but my slugfest team wasn’t ready and I’ve been chasing for months trying to fix it but until I get stronger bats my ceiling looks to be the end of round 5 to middle of round 6.  As far as walkoff goes most of the regular team has been acquired due to winning it .  Ideally you’ll have a very strong left handed bat to deal with the end of level 5 as lately there has only been 1 lefty pitcher in the final 4 rounds.
  • Options
    HighwayMan22HighwayMan22 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Wow I have always thrown the slugfest to the side and never really participated much. But it all definitely makes sense. I struggle to fuel my prime players and it’s somewhat upsetting. I spend a decent amount on gold but it mostly goes to boxes to acquire new players & regular xp I will definitely be focusing on my sluggers more thank you guys
  • Options
    pallison74pallison74 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Good advice here. I am 39k in bronze. Beat sluggfest the past 3 weeks. Not going silver until i have a few more prime sluggers. Still can't cycle WOH.
  • Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    I am 80k Silver, I will not level up until I can max them at gold.
  • Options
    mitchdavenport3mitchdavenport3 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I'm a 70,000 team in Platinum. If I could do it over again, I would have stayed in gold or silver for much longer. It takes a massive amount of blue cash and xp to max out regular players and upgrades in platinum, let alone primes. My advice would be similar to those above-take your time, max out all players, and save up before moving to the next tier.
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I'm 95k gold team. I leveled too early for my sluggers though . I can make it through round 5 and get the prime xp wed. But only once . As I can't even get past round 6 in level 6 . I've got plenty of blue cash . But I have not anywhere near enough Evo to go Platinum . My xp and prime xp stay at decent levels (try not to spend on low ranking Prime's )
  • Options
    Miranda234Miranda234 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I'm still at silver Palworld Breeding Calculator level