Options

Best position for MyLegend player

HighwayMan22HighwayMan22 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
i just reset my legend player from a 1B at 130 overall. I’m curious to your guys thoughts on the best position for the MyLegend player to make a real difference. I’m thinking Catcher but let me know your thoughts

Comments

• Options
    sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I would say catcher since they are hard to come by at least for me. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @HighwayMan22 as you guessed yourself and @sfgiants101 also pointed out a catcher would be the best option. I didn't make mine a catcher and regretted it but honestly I don't think he's worth the XP it'll cost you to level up if you reset him as a 330 max batter won't  even make most lineups now if you have been playing the game since day 1. Even if he'll make your lineup now eventually you'll have to retire him (make him inactive) as he'll be ine of your weaker batters. Just my opinion but I'd save the XP for someone better down the road.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I think anyones guess is just as good as anyone else's. I have a 4.5star SS after almost 10k games. So i wish i made mine a SS. I did make mine a catcher, then drafted Gary Sanchez the next day. So i never really used my legend. Now im gonna reset him and make him my 5star SS. They game does have lots of great 1b, 2b, 3b, and OF guys. SS and catcher are harder to come by, i think. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    As @Houmy stated, after awhile the Legend isn't going to see the field very often, if at all.

But, that doesn't mean you should walk away from creating one, especially if you are still Bronze or Silver. It's when you get to the Gold level that feeding the Legend becomes a waste. Hopefully, by that point, you won't have any holes in your regular lineup to address.

There are two very important reasons to max your legend in the Bronze and Silver levels: WOH and Slugfest. Because your legend is the only player who gets to play both, it makes it more worth it at the lower levels to keep him around. Before you beat Slugfest, your legend very well could be your strongest Slugger. For a short period of time, he might even be your strongest performer in Walk Off.

Because of these events, it doesn't matter much what position you use. It's almost comical how many people have placed their legend at catcher only to get Gary Sanchez the next day. The same thing seems to happen when you put him at other positions. C, SS, and OF are the positions that seem to make the most sense. C and SS because the game doesn't seem to have a lot of top-notch players at those positions. OF makes sense because you won't be faced with choosing who to bench when you inevitably draft another player at that position.

As noted by others, 1B and 3B are a definite no. Getting a quality 2B can also be difficult.

Don't worry about the position as much as the settings. ALWAYS make sure your batter is a switch hitter. In WOH, switch hitters are the most underestimated part of success. The more of them you get, the better you'll do. So, make your legend one.

In Slugfest, this means your legend will bat left-handed.

Again, remember that your legend is the only player in the game that gets to play all modes (except CvC apparently). That makes leveling them up at least through Silver to be very well worth it.