Options

Absolutely Ridiculous CvC Rewards

komskikomski Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
The event that I used to spend 100s of gold on per day to win MVP and earn High Round to get what used to be the best personal rewards has been ruined completely. I know our club is level three, because anything higher per week we get faced up against people with endless bank accounts and the special Glu treatment, but this is mind-boggling. A late round draft pick for both MVP and High Round is absurd, especially when I have well over 100 of them at any given moment. You have entirely screwed yourself out of people buying gold for CvC that are in lower level clubs. No one is going to spend 25 gold for an extra entry, 50 or 100 gold for a Continue, and better yet– I refuse to merely watch an ad for one. My ONLY good rewards have been from CvC and was the only way I have spent money on this game. If Glu wants to put an end to making people upset and bringing this game down a dark path, I recommend changing more than just a re-roll once a week for a 1st Round Draft Pick and making this game fair once and for all.

Comments

• Options
    NatsNats Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Spot on, glu has become so greedy and dont seem to care much about the loyal players who simply cannot spend the amounts of money they want you to.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Maybe it's a trial run to see how things work out? I found lag and pitcher freezing just like slugfest....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited August 2018
    We can thank the cheaters and hackers for this as most of you have probably seen the posts with some teams getting ridiculous amounts of points that should have been impossible and could only be explained by using a hack. I am sure most who played this before spent a good amount of gold, myself included, trying to get those high round & MVP awards and looking at the prizes now GLU knows that the amount of gold spent will go down so it's not really a "gold grab" as some used to call it anymore.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I actually think the new rewards are one of the few things GLU has done okay in the last few weeks. Most of their tweaks have been complete disasters bordering on stupidity.

For those that don't realize yet, the CvC rewards are tied to your club level. That way if your club is one of those that doesn't donate a certain items hoping to get easier event brackets or if you start a new club just to play CvC, you get really low level rewards.

My club is a Diamond level club. We decided long ago to just play the game without trying to game the system on everything. When people need cash, they donate whatever they have. Our rewards for CvC are the same as before, if not a little better than before.

If you want better CvC rewards, join a club that levels up through donations and doesn't reset every day or week to chase rewards through easier competition.
  • Options
    I actually think the new rewards are one of the few things GLU has done okay in the last few weeks. Most of their tweaks have been complete disasters bordering on stupidity.

For those that don't realize yet, the CvC rewards are tied to your club level. That way if your club is one of those that doesn't donate a certain items hoping to get easier event brackets or if you start a new club just to play CvC, you get really low level rewards.

My club is a Diamond level club. We decided long ago to just play the game without trying to game the system on everything. When people need cash, they donate whatever they have. Our rewards for CvC are the same as before, if not a little better than before.

If you want better CvC rewards, join a club that levels up through donations and doesn't reset every day or week to chase
  • Options

If you want better CvC rewards, join a club that levels up through donations and doesn't reset every day or week to chase
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    That's what clubs get for either not leveling up or resetting all the time to get easier brackets.
  • Options
    ghostofmiggypastghostofmiggypast Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    That's what clubs get for either not leveling up or resetting all the time to get easier brackets.
  • Options
    komskikomski Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    I actually think the new rewards are one of the few things GLU has done okay in the last few weeks. Most of their tweaks have been complete disasters bordering on stupidity. For those that don't realize yet, the CvC rewards are tied to your club level. That way if your club is one of those that doesn't donate a certain items hoping to get easier event brackets or if you start a new club just to play CvC, you get really low level rewards. My club is a Diamond level club. We decided long ago to just play the game without trying to game the system on everything. When people need cash, they donate whatever they have. Our rewards for CvC are the same as before, if not a little better than before. If you want better CvC rewards, join a club that levels up through donations and doesn't reset every day or week to chase
    Do you guys face insane clubs up there? We face people in bronze brackets that score nealrly a billion points by Sunday night. 
  • Options
    ballz2dawallzballz2dawallz Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    This is exactly how I thought Glu was going to handle the CvC event. It sucks because I need to get into a Diamond club now..LOL
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @komski - how the hell did you put up over a million points in CvC?!?!?!
  • Options
    @komski One of the reasons our club decided against resetting or not continuing to level up is we saw that a lot of clubs were doing just that. We reasoned that if we reset, we wouldn't be avoiding tougher competition; we'd be running headlong into those same top level clubs.

As an example, in the list on your screenshot, Zero Dark, Lumberkings, and Aces of Bases, all have clubs with similar names that show up in the Diamond brackets. They may not be the exact club names, but they are close enough for me to assume they are run by the same person.

What several of these clubs do, because GLU lets them, is to designate each of their affiliated clubs for certain purposes. So, if a team needs to build certain resources, they might send them to their club in the very low Bronze brackets to compete against absolute newbies for the 1500 gold that comes from winning a Prime Weekend Event. I have a buddy that says every week a club in the newbie bracket waits until about 11pm on Sunday to start playing. They then rack up 16 million points in about 20 minutes to max out the tier rewards and blow away the other clubs who might have 3 or 4 million in a good week.

They'll also determine who will play on which club based on what players each has. This is most evident on Tuesdays and Thursdays when we know at least 12 hours in advance who will be the bonus players. One club might be designated solely for those teams that have both Players of the Week leveled up and enough resources to play them throughout the entire event. On Tuesday that means Gold for energy. On Thursday, it's bonus games and cash to buy them.

Another in their stable of clubs will be designated for those teams that only get one of the Players of the Week. Another for those who don't get any or are taking the day off.

They might even rotate in players from another club in the middle of an event, even though it means that players loses the rewards, if they need a bunch of points.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about all of this. I know it happens. I know people on several of these top clubs who will gleefully admit they are doing things like this to gain an advantage. In their minds, they are simply taking advantage of the design of the game to win. As long as GLU allows it to happen, it's hard to say they are wrong for using the advantages they find.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah it’s kinda crazy what happened maybe this is a dry run for testing?
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    This makes me so angry. 
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    its More Like a dry Heave...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.