Options

Help a team mate decide on going gold - Looking for pointers

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Hey gang. I have a good team mate, @Jetuh , trying to decide if it is time to make the jump to gold. Please have a look at the roster and resources below and chime in with any helpful advice as to who to level up or skip. Figured it would help better if there were different points of view as some of you may have the players in question and could tell us if they would perform good and are worth leveling up or not. Also I am a mess when it comes to record keeping so @Bigpredfan if you could post some of those XP charts that you sent me before it would be highly appreciated.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy, tell him hes roster is not ready yet. Not enough resources saved. If he is just playing for fun and doesn't grind or cycle then it makes little difference. Level up and just have fun with it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    With only one prime and no legends, he will be far behind everyone else at gold. But in regards to going to gold with current team, if he has enough XP to get his starters to max, then yeah, why not?
  • Options
    @dkarski87 you are right about resources and I told him that he needs at least 500K+ blue XP to be comfortable maxing the best ones and having some left for new players down the road.

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Depends what he is playing for pal, playing just for fun then just level up.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
     The bottom one is prime normal roster players. The rest should be labeled 

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I agree with @dkarski87.

If he's a casual, fun player, then he should do what he wants to do to make the game fun for him. If he's hoping to compete at Gold, especially during events, he's nowhere near ready to advance.

The roster you take from silver to gold is going to form the nucleus of your roster for the rest of your experience. It's simply too difficult to find the amounts of XP necessary to promote newly acquired players to max gold.

This far along in the season, even normal 5 star players are somewhat useless to gold level teams. With a roster containing several 4.5 star players, the challenge is even more daunting.

I'm assuming your buddy does most of his gameplay in club events like everyone else. I don't know many people who play tons of matchups or bonus games except during Thursday events.

With this roster, Monday would be nearly impossible. There's not enough firepower to climb the tower.

Tuesday and weekend prime events would see more wins than other modes, but long winning streaks that are necessary to score individual points simply wouldn't happen. I'd be surprised if he had consistent streaks over 12 games.

Wednesday is a different roster that we don't see. However, slugfest for gold players is exponentially more difficult than silver and much more expensive to build.

On Thursday, this roster would likely lose 4 out of 5 bonus games at the gold level. And CvC would depend on his club.

He needs more 5*+ players if he's looking to stay competitive.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input gang. He has decided to stay silver for now and get more resources which is what I thought he should do but wanted to get different perspectives. 

• Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Sluggers should a huge factor in that decision too. He has a handful that id play gold and platinum, but most are just filling positions till a better player is drafted. Then having to boost the present guys only to replace them is a kick in the ding ding. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts

I'll post this even if he decided to stay Silver! It will help if he ever decides he wants to move Gold
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    so for my 4 prime players and 10 prime sluggers I would need 880k prime xp… lol. I will be silver forever! :smile:
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    @nym5fan I wouldn't cap or even evolve all my prime sluggers if I were you. I would just max the top 4 first and see if I need more of them to be able to cycle slugfest. As you keep cycling the bottom ones would be useless so no point wasting the XP/EVO/Gold on them. That is what I did when I went gold and have been cycling 4-6 times each since.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    nym5fan said:

so for my 4 prime players and 10 prime sluggers I would need 880k prime xp… lol. I will be silver forever! :smile:

Ya not sure how I would ever get enough Prime XP with a new player and slugger every week. I guess you have to cycle multiple times.
  • Options
    @MacGruber you need to make sure to have at least 250K prime XP left after capping all that you want to cap and then multi cycle slugfest. I normally get my new sluggers to gold 5 and cycle the rest to max them for a total of 6 cycles but even if I only have enough time to do 5 cycles I have enough XP to max him for next weeks battle.

• Options
    Dr_MccuskDr_Mccusk Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Don't do it. Going to gold makes everything 10x harder. Regardless of what players you have stay silver and cycle events. Have more fun playing them. 
  • Options
    Dr_MccuskDr_Mccusk Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Don't do it. Going to gold makes everything 10x harder. Regardless of what players you have stay silver and cycle events. Have more fun playing them.