Options

Fix the game or we boycott purchases for a week.

4st2on0ers4st2on0ers Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Anyone else tired of glu coming out with a new player every other day? Are you tired of being forced to pay when glu wants you to? Who else is tired of the glitches, freezes, loading issues?  I say we boycott purchases for a week. Not a day, a week.  A week will hurt their wallets like they try to do to us. Maybe when they realize who pays them and that we don't take this kindly, having to pay to play and having to pay for a product that seems to be being getting worse as the money piles up.  

Comments

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Gee. I honestly wish the world worked this way. We'd get a lot done in a short amount of time.

Here's what GLU knows that you should probably know. A lot of the people who play this game aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. At the very least, they don't always think with the critical part of their brains.

On my club alone last weekend, I would say that guys spent well over 4 grand total. One guy on our team kept posting that he was buying another one. We all knew that meant he was buying another mountain of gold. Every once in awhile, he'd get the offer for a mountain range of gold and simply post, "I'm headed to the rockies".

By the end of the weekend, he had 4 bonus players plus Nolan Ryan on his roster. He probably spent over a grand himself buying gold.

We kept asking him why he was spending money to get gold. Doesn't he realize the game is going to end in the next few months and GLU is just going to wipe out his team because they're a bunch of nitwits themselves? What was he trying to achieve in spending so much money? Get a great team for one weekend where the best reward was probably going to be a couple draft picks and some XP?

GLU knows they have hooked a bunch of the guys on this game into their gambling circle. It doesn't really matter to them if a bunch of f2pers or occasional spenders back off for a week. They know they'll always have the whales stopping by every time they drop a new box or a new player with a new skill.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @miggyrising is right. A boycott would never work and honestly it's just a game and not life or death so if you aren't having fun or feel that the cards are stacked against you then you shouldn't invest in it. Personally I am at a point where I don't see the point of spending large amounts of money and specially so on the bonus player boxes as the rewards don't justify the cost going into it. I only send my gold on WOH & Slugfest as those are the two events that will actually improve my team in the long run and not just for one week.

There are always those with disposable income that can, and will, spend huge amounts on this game and more power to them. I don't mind spending a bit of money (sometimes more than a bit) on the game myself when I know there is some value to it but when I feel that there is no point I will stop.

Now @4st2on0ers does have a point about all these new players that GLU makes you get just to get points and this past weekend was a good example of it. Personally I think it was a complete fiasco seeing how bad the odds of actually landing a player were with most getting just XP. Between the free boxes and ones I bought myself I probably had 10 boxes and all were XP and the only reason I even bothered with them were two Prime players that I was interested in.

Maybe they will address all the issues people have brought up on the forums in the 19 version and maybe not but I know for certain that if some aspects of the games are not changed personally I will not invest as much in the game myself come 2019. A game is supposed to be fun but this one has become more stressful that fun and I get enough of that in my daily life so I sure as heck don't want to pay a company for some more of it.

Just my 2¢
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @houmy preach, brother.
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Well said guys .