Options

Flash Sale: Players Weekend Box

SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
I'm curious as hell what's being offered and for how much with this Flash Sale of the players boxes as I suspect gold purchases of those boxes may have come to a dead crawl Saturday. I don't get pop ups of any kind now and the view button hasn't worked for a very long time for me, so I'm hoping someone could take a screenshot of the offer popup advert and post it here. Thanks in advance.
It's all done with mirrors

Comments

• Options
    BryantMVP18BryantMVP18 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I got the pop up and was very intrigued. I had previously opened 21 boxes.  Bought 19 and the 2 free boxes. I went 2-21. Better than nothing I suppose. So I figured what the heck. Let's give it a shot. I ended up with 3 players, 4 prime xp, 1 blue xp. Not bad at all. Although one of the players was a repeat. No primes, but still got Papa (repeat), Big Bear,  Chuck Nazty. At least I got a bonus player for CVC. I may buy another one. Lol.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Thanks @BryantMVP18 I appreciate. .. so it's like the 2x potm boxes they had before except 8 boxes.... were there any odds shown or the odds are the same as before but a bulk buy?
  • Options
    ShamblesShambles Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Bought the pack and got 8 xp options in a row. So frustrating!! Look at how many players and only 4 xp options, what a joke. 
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Yep I got XP all 8 times as well. Woof 
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Sandpipers odds are the same..
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I went out on a limb here and spent the money. Xp in all but one pick where i pulled the conductor again that makes me 2-36 in total with my only 2 pulls being the same player.
  • Options
    I don't know how you're not raging.  
  • Options
    Thanks guys... it's really unbelievable that so many of us are having such bad luck on boxes that are supposed to have better odds than what's normally offered.... sorry for the goose eggs.
  • Options
    rodno07rodno07 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    That suckkkks the odds are like that. When GLU say hey here's an offer with "chance" in it i cat roll the dice unless its free lol. Good job @BryantMVP18 for the pulls not everyone as lucky.
  • Options
    RichmondBravesRichmondBraves Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    This weekend was a scheme to make butt loads of loot. I've opened 15 boxes and yet to get a weekend player. So I can't even participate with my other club members who buy the box once or twice and pull a player. OPENED 15 BOXES AND GOT ONLY XP FOR EVERYTHING
    Miss the RBraves..
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers I had the same issue before not getting any popups and view button not working either. Fresh install took care of that.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Thanks @Houmy it started before the recent updates and the problem is on two devices but it can't hurt to do a fresh install, I'll give it a try
  • Options
    GermanRSNGermanRSN Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I bought and got 5 times 850 xp and 3 times 850 prime xp. Not even a single 1500 xp or prime xp.
  • Options
    Sadly, sounds so familiar...
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I completed a bunch of 2x gold offers and got 50 total boxes 44 bough rest won from CvC or gifts. I was 2 for the first 30 attempts, and 6 for the last 20 attempts (2 duplicates). One was a prime pitcher. 22k gold used. Was definitely terrible odds, but I was able to put up 44 million points with the players I got and $20 in purchased gold for energy and wraps lol. Glu got my money this weekend...
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    @nym5fan
    Damn nice points this weekend.  Sounds like GLU made a lot of money from this pack.  What did your team end up placing with your help?
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Shambles said:

@nym5fan
    Damn nice points this weekend.  Sounds like GLU made a lot of money from this pack.  What did your team end up placing with your help?

We finished 2nd in the club event at Platinum Level. I finished 44th in individual event. I didn't go for streaks.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Nice 👍
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I was the only player in my club to get a pull, had our c vs c guy win every event to claim 12 boxes plus the freebies and bought some for probably 20 boxes and got nothing but do, figure they gave out 5 free ones 20 x members = 100 boxes plus ones bought another 30 or so and as a club we got one player. 
  • Options
    whammo911 said:

I was the only player in my club to get a pull, had our c vs c guy win every event to claim 12 boxes plus the freebies and bought some for probably 20 boxes and got nothing but do, figure they gave out 5 free ones 20 x members = 100 boxes plus ones bought another 30 or so and as a club we got one player. 

This I think says it all... 10% odds and not only are we getting a lot of horror stories from a lot of guys going 0 or 1 for 20-30 but also some extreme examples of 0-50 by one guy at least and now 130+ boxes from a club getting just 1 bonus player.

An isolated example here and there, people can understand and accept, but this kind of wide spread disaster leaves lot of people wondering whats going on, especially after they made their initial mistake and pulled 3-5* regular players out of the box.
  • Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    We should be getting the playoff players soon where their stats go up the farther they get into the playoffs