Options

Enabaling pitching handicap

spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
Does anyone know what exactly the game does if you play a friend and okay the pitching handicap? Unsure if opponent is just good or if the handicap really screwed me (as I turned it on) lol

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I know that wasn't against me that last game we started  :'(  . The handicap would do just that, give the other team a handicap by lowering the stats on your pitcher to make the game more even as far as pitching goes. Wouldn't affect your batters. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    It was lol for some reason it came up that your team strength was only 75k
  • Options
    I am not sure how these team strengths are figured out. Even my weakest pitcher starting wouldn't bring me down to 75K. Thanks for the handicap but it seems to have a reverse effect this go around   :neutral:

• Options
    I think I scored more runs this game ? Last game you won 12-11 or something I think ?
  • Options
    Seems like it. Maybe you should always turn on the handicap? I for one can't wait till September 7th though as you are not the only one throwing POM Sale at me. Then again you also have the express don't you?

• Options
    That I do he didn't throw against ya though. I think manealator and sale threw our 2 games
  • Options
    Ryan is something else, have the signature version in 17. Was tempted to try for a box or two but after going 0 for 10 on the Chipper boxes I am giving up on the boxes for now.

• Options
    PillcosbyPillcosby Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    @Houmy I’m not certain, but I don’t believe the team strength takes into account the “upgrades” that you did to your team, ie offense, defense and intangibles. If you start the game it gives you credit just not your opponent. 
  • Options
    @Pillcosby that is a good point. Wish one of the GLU devs would explain it in detail as it hasn't made sense to me since 17. I started a match me game yesterday and on the matchup 1st screen it showed my team strength as 73K and after I check the VS tab once an inning was over it shows me at 93K.

Now it would make sense that the starting strength would be based on your starting pitcher and your rotation (not substitutes) but there is no reason that should change and show your overall team strength when you check the VS screen.