Options

WOH

brycem15brycem15 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
Is there an event more rigged against the players than this one?  It’s unbelievable how this works.  You don’t even get enough fastballs to get a chance to win being down 5-0 and no one on.  Curveballs are unhittable in this mode and this mode only.  The strike zone is also extremely different from other modes.  Completely aggravating. 

Comments

• Options
    seven1treyseven1trey Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I have long since given up trying to cycle this event. It's a shame, since you can get some great players as rewards, but I'm really not even close. Today I am stuck at 4-10, usually I get stuck at 5-7 or 5-8, spend a ton of gold trying to get past, then fail, then go to bed pissed off.

I like the idea of this event but the way they make your batters weak and the crazy pitches they let the computer throw means I am terrible at it.
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @brycem15 agree. I used to cycle without TOO much difficulty, but the last three weeks have been nearly impossible. faced Diaz in the finals over 40 times and never got a good enough pitch sequence to make it possible to win, went up against Vazquez 5 times this week and saw only one fastball the entire time. It's a bummer, I like the difficulty because it makes the reward sweeter, but now it's to the point it's not even fun anymore. I'll take the 5,000 prime XP and save the stress and gold if it just continues to stay like this or get harder.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Are you guys using the 80 gold boost? I use to be able to cycle easily (5 weeks in a row), but then suddenly I was unable to cycle. I went 3 or 4 weeks where I would get to 5.10 dozens of times and not be able to cycle. Then, I asked in this forum about the 80 gold boost, and found that almost everyone cycling was using it. Since that point, I began using the 80 gold boost every time I make it to 5.10, and with the boost, I have resumed the ability to cycle cycling the past 6 weeks in a row now (relatively easily). I don't know if using the boost increases the likelihood of getting fastballs, but once I started using the boost, I started cycling again.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap I tried the last 2 weeks and it seemed like just a waste of gold. If you dont get the right pitch sequence its hopeless. Last 2 weeks could not cycle and this was my best event. I tried over 6 players that had the hit and power to do it. Altuive, Berg, Judge, POM, POWs, came close a few times to 5-4 with 0 outs but then they would just start throwing curves and it was all for nothing. GLU raised the "ceiling" in this event just like they did in derby. Same thing happened in 17, the game reached a certain point where WOH become almost unbeatable. It still very much is so but its all dumb luck just like pulling boxes.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @LonzoBallin - yes using 80 gold boost, though usually not on the first attempt, that one is always impossible no matter what. Maybe just terrible luck... I know there are some people beating it with the same players I have (max AS Judge, max prime stanton, gold level 8 prime altuve, gold level 8 prime harper, gold level 8 prime pujols, gold level 1 prime arenado). I agree with @dkarski87, it's basically just pulling boxes now.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I had the one week where I went 0-28 vs Diaz but have bounced back the last two weeks beating Vasquez in 3 tries with just the video boost and this week taking out Verlander in 5 tries this time I also just had the video boost, today I luckily hit one of Diaz’s sliders and Verlander’s weird changeups for singles giving me reprieves.