Options

Babe Ruth box in specials section - odds?

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Can any iOS user shed some light of what the actual odds of landing the babe on this new offer is please? Talking about the new box being offered in the gold specials section. 
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    edited August 2018
    25 out of 1000 for Babe.
    Kind of weird that you get Ruth EVO when the chances of actually landing Babe are so low.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited August 2018

That’s what I thought also @LonzoBallin, Glu would make way more money by making him available for a certain amount of money,I know i’d buy it right away
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Much appreciated. Nice try GLU but you already got me with Chipper. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 12 times.... well.

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    I went 0/25 before pulling a player on the weekend event. $30 for 1 babe box with the same odds.,yikes!!!
  • Options
    Update: fooled me 13 times now. Don't know why I caved in as I'd rather have a Mantle, Williams or Shoeless Joe (if he is part of the deal) anyway than the babe. Has anyone seen a post for "Tappers Anonymous 12 steps program" anywhere on the forums?

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I'm trying to build up gold to take a run at Bagwell but I keep spending it on these bonus/specialty boxes and yesterday's woh... chipper was the last real cash box I tried (during the discount) and I think I've slayed the dragon on getting out the credit card.... except for "emergency" gold purchases lol. Take heart @Houmy you've already accomplished step 1, which is getting past denial ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Houmy said:

Update: fooled me 13 times now. Don't know why I caved in as I'd rather have a Mantle, Williams or Shoeless Joe (if he is part of the deal) anyway than the babe. Has anyone seen a post for "Tappers Anonymous 12 steps program" anywhere on the forums?

I've joked with my club members about creating a TSB Help Line. Charging $10 a call to fuel our own personal TSB addictions lol.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don't even understand the mindset here. One box in the game costs you 3000 gold, which anyone can get by doing some offers, or even by paying Glu ($29.98 gets you 2720 gold if you don't wait for any of the deals).

So basically, this Babe deal is for anyone who doesn't read the fine print (2.5% chance only), doesn't know how to use the offer wall or free videos, and doesn't want to just buy gold to spend on things that carry better odds.

Well, I guess there's a sucker born every minute...
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Just for the record, not everyone can easily just get gold from offers, some of us have either burned through everything there is to do and can't get rewarded multiple times for redoing the same ones. Yes, some of us have very limited amounts of offers available... never mind not getting paid for the ones you do get. Videos are sometimes plentiful and sometimes not. It takes me almost the whole day to get 600 gold from videos because of the slow rate of vids I have access to. So, once in awhile, when the mood takes me, I may buy one of those boxes... the odds are crap no matter which way you go, with potm/potw obviously having the best odds.
    Oh, and when you want a particular player, for whatever personal reason you may have, sometimes it's worth one more gamble, for cash, after striking out multiple times before. I get astonished when guys buy 20-50 boxes of anything, but that's their thing, my limit is usually 10 when I'm really wanting so I'm a low ball when it comes to these box buys. But I tend not to judge other people's decisions when it has no effect on me. When it stops being fun, starts to hurt or when other things become more important, decisions and actions will change... unless you're addicted like many of us believe ourselves to be. Good thing I don't drink much anymore, I'd have no place to sleep lol.
    It's all done with mirrors