Options

Should I be cycling in gold?

SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
I really feel like my team should be cycling walk off right now and I'm frustrated that I never can particularly today with the great rewards!  Is the only way to won to sling gold at it like crazy?

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    It's doable but gonna cost you some gold. Will get much harder once your POM loses his boost. You want your top 5 guys to be 242+
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

Even I must use a replay or two . It's doable. If you don't wanna sling gold you gotta replay through all the rounds. Pending who the player is I go that route. Hasn't been any really outstanding scores recently in my mind . Gennett today was cool .. but I have all star altuve and prime altuve . My roster is oozing 2nd baseman and shortstops
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My top 6 are at 240+ and include guys like All Star Freeman and Judge, Prime Altuve and Bam Bam with Soto PotM being the highest guy at 261 temp overall in gold.  Diaz was rough even against my squad went like 3-18 against him and was 1-5 vs Verlander.  I spent 850 gold yesterday on a few restarts but mostly 10% boosts for my last 2 or 3 batters.  Patience and taking advantage of the times you get straight pitches to hit (fastballs and changeups) should eventually get you through it.  I banged my head for months until I used PotW to help me win a few weeks but once you win once or twice your team starts to take off.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    My top 6 are at 240+ and include guys like All Star Freeman and Judge, Prime Altuve and Bam Bam with Soto PotM being the highest guy at 261 temp overall in gold.  Diaz was rough even against my squad went like 3-18 against him and was 1-5 vs Verlander.  I spent 850 gold yesterday on a few restarts but mostly 10% boosts for my last 2 or 3 batters.  Patience and taking advantage of the times you get straight pitches to hit (fastballs and changeups) should eventually get you through it.  I banged my head for months until I used PotW to help me win a few weeks but once you win once or twice your team starts to take off.
    Yeah, this. To the OP, your lineup is good enough except for the lack of lefties. It was probably worth investing in POTWs this week, because both were lefties. For the Wednesday walkoff the last three guys were all RHP I believe. You HAVE to have lefties at least for the last guy, if not last two.  
  • Options
    I appreciate the advice.  I have no luck in boxes to pull primes or high end guys.  I usually do go for potw and potm as they give me great boost.  I just feel like the amount of struggle I get is crazy and it's reassuring to know guys bigger than me are struggling.  It's like you gotta cycle to get better but can't cycle cause you need to get better lol 
  • Options
    Also what's the deal with non stop curveballs? Diaz is so stubborn with the fast ball he caused me all sorts of headaches 
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I am a silver team at 73k strength. I have Prime Altuve, Arenado, Betts and POTM Gurriel. I can't get past the last two rounds of level 5 for the life of me. The boosted stats for Altuve and Gurriel are 244 and 248. But with curve after curve, I just cannot get enough hits. If/When a straight ball crosses the plate I hit a double or HR. How do you hit the curve in this game mode? There must be a way...
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @nym5fan I have All Star Judge & Freeman at 249 (pre-boost) and POM Soto at 260 and still can't hit those curve balls. That is just the game "throwing you a curve" as the saying goes and it is pretty much impossible to hit and you have to replay enough to get some fastballs. If all they threw were fastballs then those that have the players we do would cycle easily. With the roster below I can pretty much auto-play all the way through 5.6 and easily get through 5.7 & 5.8 but for the past 3 weeks 5.9 & 5.10 have been a lot harder.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Houmy said:

@nym5fan I have All Star Judge & Freeman at 249 (pre-boost) and POM Soto at 260 and still can't hit those curve balls. That is just the game "throwing you a curve" as the saying goes and it is pretty much impossible to hit and you have to replay enough to get some fastballs. If all they threw were fastballs then those that have the players we do would cycle easily. With the roster below I can pretty much auto-play all the way through 5.6 and easily get through 5.7 & 5.8 but for the past 3 weeks 5.9 & 5.10 have been a lot harder.

Yeah, I can autoplay through 5.6 too and typically get through 5.7 & 5.8 easily. Then 5.9 and 5.10 kill me. I just can't beat them even with 20% boost. Its frustrating to say the least.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    It's not usually even worth boosting . At least for me . It's all really about the pitch sequence . If it's good your gold . If it's curves and sliders garbage ... Well that round will be garbage lol just gotta keep on keeping on until you get the pitch sequence and capitalize
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Boosts can help you capitalize easier if you get pitches to hit, but yeah it’s pitch sequence more than anything else.  I can rarely get singles against junk (maybe 5% of the time), with sliders if you swing you have to swing early and hope you catch it right (you most likely won’t but with 2 strikes might as well put it in play maybe the OF drops the fly ball or before 2 strikes they actually throw a ball, I beat Verlander once to cycle on a bases loaded walk oddly enough)
  • Options
    It's not usually even worth boosting . At least for me . It's all really about the pitch sequence . If it's good your gold . If it's curves and sliders garbage ... Well that round will be garbage lol just gotta keep on keeping on until you get the pitch sequence and capitalize
    There's nothing more irritating than boosting for the round only to be dubbed multiple curves lol.  Talk about being bent over haha! I suppose ill keep hacking away at it and eventually will draw enough luck on my side !  Thanks for the advice fellas!
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    SakaV2 said:

There's nothing more irritating than boosting for the round only to be dubbed multiple curves lol.  Talk about being bent over haha! I suppose ill keep hacking away at it and eventually will draw enough luck on my side !  Thanks for the advice fellas!

The worst is when you get all curves/sliders until the third batter. Then you start getting fastballs and pounding them. But as soon as you start getting close to tying it up...the curves and sliders return and you're out. I actually think that's how they bait you into buying a retry..."hey, I was close, I should try again!"
  • Options
    mountiesmounties Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    SakaV2 said:
    I really feel like my team should be cycling walk off right now and I'm frustrated that I never can particularly today with the great rewards!  Is the only way to won to sling gold at it like crazy?
    It’s definitely doable I just got Juan Soto a couple weeks ago! I did have to play n not try n sim
  • Options
    It's not even an option to Sim the last round of each level is it ? I refuse to pay the gold to have it simmed on any of the last 3 levels lol